chapter 35

"It's been long since I entered this place," Lisha said while scanning the whole room.

"When you always spend your time at Jimi's office," Mark accused.

Lisha eyed him before plopping into Jimi's laps.

"I think this is your new habit," Jimi whispered.

"Is it not good?" She queried before turning to Mark.

"I hope the sketches are beautiful?"

He nodded before giving her his sketch pad, she collected it from him and took a good look at it before dropping it on his table.

"I don't like it, do another one."

"But it's nice," Jimi countered, she turned to him with a warning look.

"Lisha, I'm not sketching any other thing, every other person loves this except you, I don't even understand why you are bent on wearing suit with the other guys."

"And the wedding is in few weeks time," Jimi added earning him another glare from Lisha.

"You don't want to change it right? Count me out then," she stood up and proceeded to leave, on getting to the door, she realized they didn't call her back, so, she walked back to them.

She raised her hand, "Okay, fine."

Jimi and Mark erupted into laughter before he raised his head, "I thought you didn't want to join again, why did you come back?"

She eyed him before returning to Jimi's laps.

"There are enough seats for you, why his laps?" Mark questioned.

She wrapped her hand around Jimi's neck, "If you're jealous, I can place a call to Kemi."

He shook his head before they deviated to another topic until…

"I'm hungry oo," Lisha shouted after noticing the guys were already discussing another thing leaving her out of it.

"You're always hungry," Jimi teased, and she eyed him before standing up from his laps.

"I brought lunch from home, so, I'm off to my office, when I get back you should be in your office, I don't want Mark salivating because I can never give him out of it."

Mark giggled, "You don't want me to eat with you guys right?"

Lisha nodded with a mocking smile.

"Sure, I won't, I'll go and meet my fiancée too."

Lisha gave him a thumbs up, "That's the best," then she walked out of the office without waiting fur any response while Jimi and Mark's eyes trailed her till she banged the door.

"That girl is a nutcase, I wonder how you're coping with her," Mark joked.

"Same way you've been coping with her but I love it like that, she's so much fun."

Mark cocked his head, "I agree, you guys compliment each other, if to say you're with a lady just as boring as you, I wonder how your life will be."

Jimi threw him a playful glare, "I'm not boring."

"Say that to the ceiling."

Not quite long Lisha got back with a gift basket that contained Bread and pepper soup.

"Why are you here? You should go to Jimi's office right?" Mark questioned in a mocking tone.

Lisha waved her hand before sitting beside Jimi as she dropped the basket on the circular centre table.

"I just pitied you, I didn't want you to feel alone," she replied.

"So, what are we eating?" Jimi queried as he moved the centre table closer to himself.

"Bread and Pepper soup."

"What!" Jimi and Mark shouted in unison as they snapped their head towards her.

Lisha squeezed her face, "Why are you guys shocked? You haven't eaten it before?"

"Okay, it's not like we'll be dipping the bread in the pepper soup right?" Jimi confirmed.

Lisha shrugged, "It's for you to dip it in it just like when you're having bread and soup."

"But, that's entirely different," Mark protested.

"Whatever," she waved her hand before moving the table closer to her, then she served the food.

"If you like dip the bread in the soup or eat it separately, it's your choice," she told them and they nodded before proceeding to eat, while Jimi concentrated mainly on the pepper soup, Mark found interest in the bread.

"So, Mark, how did you propose to Kemi?"

"Why do you want to know?" He lifted his head from the bread.

"I was just hoping you didn't propose by dropping the ring in her food or drink, you know something like that."

"And is that bad?" Jimi queried and Lisha quickly turned to look at him.

"Why would you drop a ring in my food or drink? What if  it chokes me or I swallow it? I'll surely sue you for attempted murder? You want to kill me because of the proposal?"

Jimi blinked his eyes before raising his head, "Now I better start thinking of a better way to propose because I won't want someone suing me for attempted murder," he joked.

"Better," she smiled at him before turning to Mark, "Back to the question."

Mark dropped his spoon, he'd actually finished his bread and was planning to move on to the pepper soup when she directed a question at him then he turned to her.

"You know I told you I'll propose on my birthday, so, she just took me out to a restaurant and I proposed."

Lisha scrunched her brows, "Just like that?"

Mark wagged his index finger, "You don't want to know."

She hissed before focusing on her food. They ate in silence for some minutes before she broke the ice.

"So, where is the venue of the party?"

Mark raised his head, "We haven't chosen it."

"What!" Her eyes bulged out.

"Lisha the wedding is still in few weeks time," Jimi told her.

"And so? I told you to make me the wedding planner, can you see now? You don't know the venue of your wedding, what a shame!"

Mark chuckled, "Don't worry, we'll know it soon."

"I hope that soon doesn't become next year," she said in a jocular tone while the guys laughed.

"So, what are the plans for the bachelor's Eve?"

"Lisha, this party is still in few weeks time not next week," Mark said.

She pouted, "Anyway, just know I'll be there, so, you guys shouldn't think of doing anything funny."

"You'll be there?" Jimi questioned.

Lisha turned to him, "Of course, or you don't want me there, are you planning to do something I can't know?"

He shook his head, "No."

"But Lisha, you should be at the bridal shower and not bachelor's Eve," Mark countered.

"You're my friend and not Kemi, so, I see no reason for me to be there." she concluded.

So, what do you think about this chapter
Gradually, this book is coming to an end.
I'll surely complete it this week, we have just few chapters to go

Anyway, don't leave without clicking on that star and do comment your thoughts.