Chapter 12

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

"This is gonna be my act when I go on tour for my magic show." 

***

"My sister has been out there alone for twelve hours, arm up, we're not coming back without her." 

 I was not in any way prepared for this rescue mission. It was pitch-black, and I was exhausted, so running into enemy territory was probably not the smartest idea. I yawned deeply, slightly pissed that Bellamy woke me up by smacking me in the face with a pillow, and reached forward to grab a spear. I shot him a look,"If I trip and stab myself you're to blame." 

 The other delinquents seemed to take my act as a cue to all grab weapons, because that is exactly what they did. I twirled the spear around, promptly dropping it and having to pick it up before anyone saw. 

 "You're going?" Raven asked approaching me and eyeing my rather extravagant hair. "You look seconds from death." 

 "Just slap me, I'll be fine." 

 Raven took my joke too seriously, as a sharp pain shot through my cheek. I winced, "ow!" 

 "You said to!" 

I rubbed my still stinging face, as Raven grinned triumphantly, shaking her hand. I rolled my eyes, "oh sorry, did my face hurt your hand?" 

 "A little." 

 I laughed sarcastically, hefting my spear and yawning again. Raven's face turned serious. "Hey, keep an eye on Finn for me, would you?" 

 "Sure." 

Raven clapped my shoulder like she was my dad or something, and then turned to disappear back into the Drop Ship I took a deep breath, rubbing my face with my hands. My shoulders sagged slightly with exhaustion. I was tired. Maybe it is because being locked up, you just sit around all day and do nothing. I just want to lay down and sleep, but now I have to venture into the dark forest where I could possibly be murdered by a bunch of bloodthirsty Grounders. 

I really need to look over my schedule. 

 The Spacewalker came up beside me, a grim look on his face. His hair was much shorter, and didn't hang around his neck anymore... it was weird, but I kinda liked it. 

 "Did Raven do that?" I asked, and he nodded. "Do you think she could cut mine?" I ruffled my hair, and Finn snorted. 

 "I don't know if she's up for a challenge that great."