Chapter 31

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

 "Because I don't know anything about portion control."

***

 My good mood didn't last.

 "Alright Murphy, where to now?" Bellamy asked, obviously no more pleased then I was to have to listen to Murphy for directions. 

 In response, he lifted up his bound wrists and smirked cockily, "why don't we get rid of these first?" 

 "Turn here," Phia deadpanned, making Murphy's face fall slightly, and Bellamy mimic the look he had just received from the boy. I held in a laugh at how petty Bellamy Blake could be, and jumped over a root to follow behind Phia. 

 Murphy muttered something under his breath that I am sure wasn't nice, and I ducked under a low-hanging branch. Walking in the woods felt so natural to me now, something that was alien a few weeks, or was it months? Ago. I would have never thought I would be traipsing through nature to find my missing friends, and I wish I didn't have to. 

 "You're really trusting her?" Murphy asked incredulously, rolling his eyes, "you really believe she isn't just leading us into a trap?" 

 "I trust her more then I trust you," I shot back, curling my lip at the boy. That is a true fact, I hate Murphy, and would literally trust anyone else with my life. "You'll lead us right off of a cliff." 

 "You sure about that, Nate?" He didn't smile, but his eyes glittered like he wanted to, "why would I be here if I was going to try and kill you again?" 

 Again, I rolled my eyes, Murphy was really doing a horrible job at pleading his case. If it was up to me, I would say we just leave him here for the Grounders. Yep, that is how much I hate John Murphy. 

 "Up ahead, crouch low," Phia ordered, and we all obliged pushing through thick brush until a tall, thin structure came into view. I ducked down further, noticing all of the different Grounders milling around the dirt ground. "Monin gon Ai village," she muttered, her voice so low I couldn't understand if she was speaking English for a moment. 

 She wasn't.

"Can I borrow that?" I whispered, and Monroe handed me her rifle in response. I stared through the scope, raking my eyes across the throngs of Grounders milling about. There were an abundance of little huts, and the people clothed in pretty much all black traipsed around and conversed in hushed tones. 

 "I see nothing but Grounders," I whispered, closing my other eye and drawing in my eyebrows when I saw a bright red seat belt wrapped around a male Grounder's stomach, "wait, do you guys see that?" 

 "Yeah," Finn responded, his fingers tightening around the rifle, "they took stuff from our Drop Ship." 

 "The place is deserted," Bellamy reminded, although he was still squinting into the camp himself, "they probably took some stuff pretty recently, or Raven would have seen something." 

 I could tell Murphy was about to remind us of his presence, so before he could talk, I did. "Or Murphy," I reminded, turning around and giving the brunet a pointed look, he chuckled innocently, raising his still tied up hands in the air, "I didn't see anything while I was there."