Chapter 24

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

"Ugh! Uh the amount of second-hand pain I feel right now is excruciating!"

***

The heat resonating from the knife in my hand was enough to make my eyes water. Raven was hunched in front of us, groaning in pain, and sweating. The bullet didn't go through, meaning that it was still stuck in her, but right now, the main thing we can do is stop the external bleeding before she loses anymore blood. 

 I was voted to be the doctors assistant. One: Because I have the second-most amount of medical knowledge, even if it isn't a lot, and two: I am the only one with a knife big enough. 

 "Nate," Clarke held out her hand, and I carefully handed the blade to her, feeling like I was giving my one possession away. Clarke firmly pressed the blade to the cut, making the skin sizzle and eliciting a scream from Raven. 

 "Ugh," I grimaced, turning around and closing my eyes, wincing so hard it hurt, "the amount of second-hand pain I am feeling right now is excruciating!" 

 Finn pressed a wet rag to the spot just above Raven's hip, as Octavia awkwardly patted my shoulder, confused at the way I reacted. Times like this are when I really wished Monty were here. 

 "I don't understand," Finn began as I walked over to softly cover the tender skin with a bandage, her entire body was coated in sweat, and I honestly don't think I looked much better. For someone who spent half his childhood in a doctors wing, I don't like seeing wounds. Especially other peoples. I get hurt to much to not be able to see mine. "How did Murphy get a gun?" 

 Bellamy and I shared a look, "it's a long story," was the vague response they received. 

"We got lucky," Raven gasped, her voice wasn't weak... I don't think Raven Reyes was capable of being weak, but it was shaky, "if Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead." 

 I smiled, of course Raven found the good part of her being shot. 

 "Wait, there's rocket fuel down there?" 

 I rolled my eyes, "no, Clarke, the Drop Ship runs off of the power of love."

 There was a long pause. 

 "Of course there's rocket fuel!" 

 "Enough to build a bomb?" Clarke asked Raven, while I shook my head and mentally contemplated how Clarke was smarter than me. That thing literally hurled us through space, if there wasn't rocket fuel, I would be concerned. 

 "Enough to build a hundred bombs," was the reply, and Raven sighed deeply, "if we had any gunpowder left." 

Bellamy cleared his throat and held up a sketchbook that I assumed came from Lincoln, inside, there was a detailed drawing of a hulking man, dressed in furs, with piercings all over his face, a scary scowl-grin painted on his lips, and tattoos covered majority of his body, swirling up his arms, and snaking across his face. I pulled a face. "Can we get back to the Reapers? Maybe they'll help us."

 "Yeah, this guy looks super helpful," I muttered, coming up behind Bellamy and pointing to what looked like blood leaking from the corner of the drawings mouth. "Let's invite them to lunch first, though."