Chapter 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"I'm stupid! I only know things from hanging out with Clarke!"  

***

Clarke moved me to a tent as soon as the storm was over. She instructed me to rest, but since we both know that isn't happening, she resorted to tell me to 'lay low.' Which, I guess, is good enough for me. 

 I was walking around camp two days later. My head felt extraordinarily better, and I have to change my bandages every three or four hours.  It's a dull burn that I have gotten used too, and it will probably leave a scar, but I am just glad to be alive.  

 Glad to be alive - wow, that's not a sentence I ever imagined myself saying. It's kind of amusing, actually, to think about how you have to brush arms with death to appreciate the impact it has. I never would have imagined how good it felt to breathe after not being able to... but I suppose I can add that to the list of things that earth has taught me.

 "Whoa! Are you okay?" 

 I rolled my eyes for what feels like the millionth time in two days. Monty has been acting like my mom for the whole time I've been hurt. It was endearing at first, but now it's kind of annoying. 

 "Yes." I sighed deeply, running a hand through my hair. "Yes, I'm fine." 

 "You don't need anything, or-" 

 "Dude, I'm fine!" I gestured to myself, throwing in an exaggerated grin to prove my point. "It's just a scratch." 

 "A scratch with a poisoned sword." 

 "Whatever." I made wide gestures with my hands, something I tend to do when I want Monty to chill. He thinks it's weird and annoying, so he usually leaves me alone. "I love you to death Mon, but you should go..." I squinted to Jasper, who was tossing rations in the air and catching them in his mouth, "uh, sort nuts with Jasper." 

 "Are you sure?" His eyes were wide, and I smiled, lightly pushing his arm lightly. 

 "Yes, now go!" I shooed him away, not without a worried look. I grinned, shaking my head and turning around. Monty is so adorable, I love it. 

 "Whoa-" I held out my hands, not expecting to run into someone on my way to the tent. Bellamy offered a small, forced smile. "Oh, um, hi?" 

 "I'm going on a supply run with Clarke." He fumbled with his fingers. "She wanted me to tell you to, and I quote, 'not do anything stupid.'" 

 I peered over Bellamy's broad shoulder, seeing Clarke staring right at us. "You tell Clarke to worry about herself!" I raised my voice at the end, and Clarke rolled her eyes, turning her head. I smiled to myself. "You're included in that, Blake, don't get killed."

 I said it in a joking manner, but there was a serious undertone to my voice. I don't want Bellamy to get hurt, even if he is annoying. He's there to get supplies for camp, there and back... it should be simple. 

 But finding Octavia also should have been. 

 A ghost of a smile crossed his handsome face. "You too, Sunshine."