Chapter 30

CHAPTER THIRTY

"Nathan? What kind of name is that?"

***

I furiously scrubbed at the blood on my hands until they were completely clean of all traces of red. Even after I continued washing for no reason. I moved on to my face next, rubbing at all of the caked dirt and dried blood. It took a while, as it was packed on like a second skin, but I managed to get it all off after a while, seeing that the cuts on my forehead from the Murphy incident had almost completely faded, although some were more fresh from the Grounders. 

 I peeled my shirt off, turning on the faucet in the small bathroom, and wetting it, squeezing until all traces of red were gone. I took some of the rough paper towels and doused them in water, doing my best to clean off my arms and torso. The scar from Phia was red, as was my shoulder. The scar was almost a perfect line, slicing almost all the way across my mid section, leaving a half red half white angry scar. I was just wringing out my shirt when the door flew open and Finn barged in. 

 "Dude what the hell?" I demanded, holding up the shirt so it hid my scar. "I could have been naked." 

 "But you weren't," he pointed out, curtly grabbing my arm and dragging me into the hallway, "do you want to help them?"

 I could only assume he was talking about Clarke and the others, so I nodded, "of course." 

 Bellamy and Monroe suddenly came barreling down the hallway, skidding to a stop next to us, "Sterling just signaled, someone's coming." The latter blurted out, her braid swept over one shoulder. Shortly after, the small boy from the woods rounded the corner. 

 "Let's go." 

 I was still very confused at what was going on, even after Bellamy grabbed my arm and lead me down the hall. I didn't relax until we were well out of 'Camp Jaha', the woodsy scent invading my senses and sending a chill down my spine. My shirt was damp, and clung to my body like a second skin. Goosebumps coated every inch of my skin, and the my hair fell into my eyes, only increasing the chances of me tripping. 

 "You're late." 

I don't know what scared me more, the fact that Abby Griffin was standing in front of me, or the fact that Phia was standing in front of her. 

 "Bellamy decided to bring company." Finn explained, jerking his head over to the side, where I had somehow not seen Murphy standing. My fists clenched, he can't come with us, he'll murder someone!

 "He's the only person who has been inside of their camp." Bellamy explained, as Murphy lolled his head to the side lazily, flashing me a cocky grin. I rolled my eyes so hard it hurt. 

The man next to Abby, Miller's dad I think, stepped forward and handed Finn a loaded shotgun, Abby did the same, passing the cold weapon into my hands, "stay safe, please." She whispered, I nodded silently. "Find Clarke, I want both of you home, got that?" 

 I smiled softly, flicking the safety on the gun and tucking it into the waistband of my jean. "Got it, doc." 

 "Find my son, his name is Nathan Miller." Miller's dad, I don't know his first name, so I am just going to call him Miller Senior, told Bellamy as he handed him an assault rifle. I scoffed.