Chapter 26

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

"The Doctor's here." 

***

I found Bellamy crouched behind a bush, only meters away from the vicious fight. 

 Technically he found me

 His hand reached up to grab mine, pulling me beside him. I jerked away, panic flaring in my eyes, but relaxing when I saw who it was. Bellamy held a hand over my mouth, our faces so close we were almost touching. 

I felt my face burn, but Bellamy didn't let go of me for a second too long, making Octavia clear her throat. 

I moved my head back, turning to look at the female Blake. She had an arrow embedded firmly in her thigh, and sweat coated her face. I grimaced, "damn, Tavi, what did you do while I was gone?" 

 "Oh you know-" she managed a coy smile, "just got shot." 

 "That sucks," I resisted the urge to peek back out at the massacre outside. Grounders fighting Grounders... what does that even mean? 

 Then it hit me, they were Reapers. The creepy dudes in Lincoln's drawing books, the ones with the tattoo's that looked like Grounders, but also... didn't. 

 "Sorry I wasn't here sooner, that little bitch has a bone to pick with me apparently." 

 "Octavia?" 

 We all jerked around at the new voice that joined our little circle. Lincoln ignored Bellamy and I, going straight to Octavia, who gasped his name in response. 

 "Did you do this?" Bellamy asked, gesturing to the fight going on not-too-far-away. Lincoln's eyes were stony when they turned to him, and they flickered to me, confusion briefly taking over, and then disappearing just as quickly. I guess I was kind of confusing. 

 "With Finn." 

 "Hold up," i held my hands in the air, the very thought impossible to me, "Finn the peace-maker? Finn the one who wanted to leave to avoid fighting?" I laughed softly, although the situation wasn't all that funny. "Finn Collin's, right? There's not another Finn I don't know about?" 

    "Yes." Was Lincoln's blunt reply, before he turned back to Octavia, examining the arrow in her leg. "It's deep." 

 "Yeah no shit," I mumbled under my breath, crawling over to get a better look. I cracked my knuckles, "the doctor's here." 

 I bent down and lightly tapped the arrow protruding from her skin. "Assuming the arrow was poisoned, she'll need the antidote, and pressure above the wound so you can pull it out and stitch it back up to stop the bleeding."  My eyes flashed over Bellamy's face, before I turned back to Lincoln. "She needs to get out of here, she can't put too much pressure on it, or the arrow could move and cause nerve damage. It's a clean cut, but she has to leave now.

 "No," Octavia denied, sitting up straighter, "I have to see this through." 

 "You'll do nothing but harm unless you get that treated," I turned to Lincoln. "Can you help her?"