Chapter 21

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

"I give terrible advice, everyone knows that!" 

***

You know what I was not? 

 Mad. 

 Nope, not at all, I have never felt less mad in my entire life. Nope, I, Nathaniel Masteron, am one hundred percent not mad. 

 See? Even I don't buy it. 

 "Nate, I'm sorry!" Raven picked up her pace until she was jogging next to me, "okay? I'm really, really-" 

 "You don't need to be sorry." I cut her off, wishing that my tent was closer then it was. "Okay? So stop saying that, you didn't do anything wrong." 

 I say that, but my chest still feels like it weighs a million pounds more than it was supposed to. "You took my advice, that was the first time anyone has actually done that." 

 "Why?" 

 "Because I give terrible advice!" I whirled around, my not-so-well concealed anger bubbling up for just a second. "And everyone knows that!"

 Raven jumped slightly, so I took a deep breath, composing myself to the best of my abilities, and making sure my heart rate was slower when I spoke next. "Do you feel any better?" 

 She hung her head so that her knotted hair could conceal her face, her delicate lips were twisted in the smallest of scowls. "No." 

 "Well, I don't have any right to be angry." I tried to assure, although my previous outburst didn't help my case. "Okay? So I'm not." 

 I ducked through my tent, and clenched and un clenched my hands until I felt better. 

Which wasn't for a while. 

***

I had my knife out, and in my hands when we were out in the woods the next day. Sometime overnight, Clarke, Finn, and a kid named Myles went missing while they were hunting. Was I worried? Well, yeah a little, but I also know that Clarke could handle herself. 

 And Finn and the other guy. 

 "You should be using a gun." Octavia pointed out, and in response, I twirled the large Grounder knife around in my hand. I was getting used to it, and it was more comfortable than a gun. 

 "Maybe." Was my curt response, making Raven think even further I was mad at her. 

 Which I wasn't. 

 "Where are they?" Raven whispered, her harsh tone making me think that she was the mad one. Her gun was aimed at the ground, which made me swipe my eyes over the tree's, as I know that is where the Grounders come from. 

 "We'll find them." Octavia replied, her tone reassuring and confident. 

 I continued walking soundlessly, trying to figure out why I got mad lat night. It was probably because I was disappointed in Bellamy, I mean, he knows that Raven is with Finn, but he slept with her anyway... that is kind of a dick move.