.seventeen.

Utterly heartbroken was the only term to describe y/n as she sat in the cell across from Iroh's, utterly heartbroken. She had been in the prision for a couple of days now, and the more she stayed, the more she realized how much of an idiot she was. On lonely night, y/n sat under the barbed window, watching the moon and hoping that Yue could hear her cries, but the moon spirit never came to her rescue.

One night, the silence between the two pirsioners was broken by the sound of the metal doors. Y/n's gaze filtered to the visiter, only to immediately be torn away when she realized it was Zuko. She leaned against the metal wall, feeling the cold material against her cheek. How dare he come here.

"This-this is your fault you know.' Zuko began. "We could have returned here together, as heroes."

The room was deathly silent, no one wanting to speak. Y/n huddled against the cold wall even harder as rough tears slipped down her face. What did she do to deserve this?

"Well, say something!" Zuko yelled. The room stayed silent.

"Y/n? I-I kept my promise..." He mumbled in desperation. Zuko approached her cell, wrapping his hands around the bars.

"You are a despicable human being." She said softly, her voice cracking as it was laced with sorrow, regret, betrayal. Tears streamed openly down her face, staining the dry ground beneath her. Zuko gasped.

"I brought you flowers." Little Zuko said sheepishly. Y/n smiled, her heart fluttering as she took the bunch of fire lilies from his hands.

"You expect me to say it back dont you? Give you some type of love confession? That's what you want isn't it?" She asked, her voice rising in volume as she choked back sobs.

"I'll be by your side forever."

"Forever?" Zuko asked.

"Forever."

"You're just like him, I'm glad Ozai respects you again, because you sure are his son. You dont give a shit about anyone but yourself!" When her glare caught his eyes, it was something he had never experienced before. She had never looked at him with such intensity.

"Please stay safe." Little Zuko voiced in concern.

"I cared about you! When you were alone, I was there!" Y/n stood slowly from her spot, approaching the bars. She reached her hand through the bar, wanting to caress her face like she always did.

"Tell me whats wrong, mommy says when you talk things out, you feel better."

"What did I do to you, I LOVED YOU ZUKO! why would you, why-" Y/n shook with sobs.

"Why are you looking at me?" She asked, shying away from his gaze.

"Because, youre pretty."

"Why would you come here?! What did I do to you?!" Without thinking, her hand lashed out, releasing a blue flame that singed the edge of Zuko's clothes and hair. He jumped backwards away from her cell. Walking back until she hit the metal wall of her cell, Y/n tangled her hands in her, sliding down until she hit the floor.

"I'll still love you when you come back, I promise." The young boy mumbled, his eyes fluttering as he curled up closer to her side.

"You're terrible, I hate you. Do you hear that Zuko? I HATE YOU!" she sobbed. She was hurt, so very hurt. He took advantage of her, and then dared to say it was her fault.

Zuko took a step back, not sure what to say. Why was this happening? He loved her, why was this happening? What did he do?

"Y/n I-"

"Go away. You have your honor, go live the life you wanted, your higness." She spat. The 'your highness' felt like acid that burned Zuko's heart. How could he do this to her? How could he hurt her like that?

Without another word, Zuko left the prision wing, and he didn't return anytime soon.

"Iroh?"

"Yes?"

"I'm gonna get us out of here. I promise."