.twenty eight.

Y/n watched from afar as Zuko sat infront of Iroh's tent with his head in his hands. With a sigh, she began walking towards him, and as she did the burning under her skin began to calm. She sat down next to him, not saying anything at first.

Slowly she pulled one of his hands away from his hair and held it in her own, lacing their fingers tightly. Carefully, y/n leaned her head on Zuko's shoulder, rubbing circles on the back of his hand with her thumb.

"When I returned to the Sun Warriors, my mother was the second person to see me. As soon as her eyes met mine, she knew immediately that I was her lost child. She hugged me and told me that she loved and missed me. I could only ask her how could she know she loved me? I had been gone for so long that she couldn't know me more than I knew myself. I was a bad person, and there was no way she could love me after all the things I did.....My mother only laughed. She told me that the love a parent figure has for their child is so unconditional that it blurs the lines of right and wrong. That I could be the worst person in the world and she would still love me."

"What did you say to her?" Zuko whispered.

"I told her that's all I could ever ask for..... I know Iroh, and he loves you more than anything else, Zuko. Maybe even more than I do. He'll forgive you, I promise." Y/n mumbled. Zuko looked up at the tent, then nodded his head. Y/n placed her hand on his cheek and pressed a small kiss to his temple.

"Make things right." She mumbled, watching him enter the tent.
_________

The next morning, y/n stumbled out of the group's tent alone, the sun was high in the sky, she slept late. Immediately her brow was doppled in sweat and her lungs felt tight, and just under her skin, there was hot Lava. She looked down at her legs, her tattoos were still raging blue and red, a stark contrast against her skin. Her vision was a little shaky as she looked over the mass of people to find her friends. Once she spotted them she stumbled her way over and plopped down next to Zuko.

"Y/n! Nice of you to join us." Iroh cheered happily.

"Iroh... I can't thank you enough for the direction. I wouldn't have been able to find my family without you." Y/n tried to smile, but it turned into more of a whince. She leaned her head onto Zuko's shoulder, squeezing her eyes shut.

"It was my pleasure. I see you bear the marks of the Sun Warriors." He said, sipping his tea.

"Yes. Can you tell me why they're glowing all of a sudden? Ever since yesterday I've been able to... feel more... if that makes sense. I can sense things and people and feel more emotions. It hurts, and I don't know how to stop it." She whined.

Iroh chuckled excitedly. He lifted the sleeve of his kimono to show a small glowing dragon on his arm.

"Those aren't just tribal tattoos y/n. Your markings gained meaning when Ran and Shaw gave you wisdom of the world. But you, y/n, they gave you everything they know. You're body is just adjusting to the form it's going take."

"What form?" She asked.

"You're a dragon guardian now. I was the previous, and now you're the next."

"So what. y/n's going to turn into some powerful dragon lady?" Toph asked.

"More or less, her physical appearance won't change much, she will transform spiritually. Y/n, you need to stop rejecting it. Let the energy pass through your body and it won't hurt."

Y/n slowly relaxed her eyes, letting her muscles relax too. Soon she fell slack against Zuko, not moving until she could slowly feel the burning sensation melt away, leaving only the comforting feeling of the energy swaying. Opening her eyes, she watched as the harsh light of her tattoos faded to a soft glow.

"Thank you." She said, Zuko rubbing her shoulder comfortingly.

After a long talk about what should be done to assume peace and order, even without Aang, it was time to leave the white lotus members. Toph, Sokka, and Suki were stationed on an eel-hound, ready to leave to intercept the airship fleets. While Zuko, Katara, and Y/n were on Appa, ready to take down Azula.

"What will you do after all this, uncle?" Zuko asked, sitting at Appa's reigns.

"Once I reconquer Ba Sing Se, I will reconquer my tea shop, and play Pia Sho alllll day!" He smiled.

"Very endearing, Uncle Iroh." Y/n laughed.

Iroh reached in his pocket and pulled out his lotus chip, then he reached up to hand it to y/n.

"Here. You gave this to me because you wanted to compensate for the wisdom I gave you, but I could never be more proud of you than I am now." He stated. Y/n smiled with wet eyes and pushed the chip back at him.

"Keep it, incase I don't come back. Besides, you can't play Pai Sho with an incomplete set." She laughed.

"Goodbye everyone, today destiny is our friend. I know it." Iroh smiled.

And with that, the two groups were off to do what needed to be done.