.twenty six.

"Well, I've decided to fight the fire lord after Sozin's comet comes." Aang stated with a concerned expression. The gaang was behind him, giving Zuko and y/n the same concerned expressions.

"You can't be serious." Y/n mumbled, standing behind Zuko.

"I'm not ready. I need more time to master fire bending." Aang said.

"And frankly, your earth bending needs some work." Toph joined in.

"If Aang fights Ozai now, he'll lose. No offense." Sokka chimed.

"So you all knew he was going to wait??" Zuko asked.

"The point of doing it before the comet was to make sure the fire nation didn't win the war, but they basically did that when they took Ba Sing Se." Katara mumbled.

"It can't get much worse."

Y/n's skin was hot, her blood was literally boiling.

"You all are naive. Do you really think this is where Ozai will stop??" She growled.

"Word gets around in a palace. Ozai wants to use that comet just as Sozin did." She snarled, approaching Aang.

"Not the air nomads this time. He wants to wipe out EVERYONE. Leaving only the fire nation. The Kyoshi warriors, Your dad and tribe, Toph's parents, my family! He's going to kill them all. At that point, there will be nothing left to save." She said, jabbing her finger at Aang's chest.

"I know you're scared, Aang. But we all can do this together. I wouldn't be telling you this if I thought you weren't ready." Y/n said seriously, grasping his shoulders.

"We can fight the fire lord together. Then we might have a chance." Toph stated, regaining her signature smirk.

"Yeah! Team avatar is back! Air! Water! Earth! Fire! Sword and Fan!" Sokka yelled excitedly.

"Fighting the fire lord is gonna be the hardest thing we've ever had to do." Aang mumbled, walking off.

"But I wouldn't have it any other way." He then said proudly. The group cheered, running into a group hug, leaving y/n and Zuko on the side.

"Y/n, Zuko. Being a part of the group also means being a part of the group hugs." Katara said.

Y/n looked back at Zuko, watching the gears turn in his head. She let an actual laugh slip past her lips before she grabbed his forearm, dragging him to the group.

"Zuko has never been one for hugs." Y/n mumbled as they joined the group hug.
__________

"There's one technique you need to learn before you face my father." Zuko stated, standing in front of Aang in the old grounds of the palace oasis.

"Redirecting lighting." Y/n said.

"Woah!" Aang smiled.

Zuko and y/n began a synchronized movement, Aang replicating it.

"If you let the energy in your body flow, the lightning will follow." Zuko stated.

"Have you two ever done it before?"

"I have once, I've seen y/n do it a couple of times." Zuko replied, still in movement.

"How does it feel?"

"Exhilarating." Y/n commented.

"But nerve wracking. You have so much energy in your body, that if you make the wrong move, it's over."

"Well not over-over. We always have Katara's spirit water." Aang said hopefully.

"Well actually, I used it all to heal you the first time." Katara mumbled from the sidelines.

"You'll have to take the fire lord's life before he takes yours." Zuko said seriously. The idea of anyone dying didn't comfort y/n at all, even if it was the fire lord.

"What?"
___________

"Look what I found!" Katar cheered that night, holding up a rolled tapestry. Y/n raised an eyebrow as she unrolled the fabric to reveal a royal baby. It was a beautiful picture, the baby looked so happy and excited.

"It's baby Zuko! Isn't he cute!" She exclaimed as the group ogled.

"That's not me." He said curtly.

"That's Ozai." Y/n chimed.

"But he looks so happy and innocent." Katara mumbled.

"Yeah. And that happy, innocent kid grew up to be a horrible person and the worst father ever." Zuko growled.

"But he's still a human being." Aang and y/n said at the same time.

"Why are you defending him?" Zuko growled.

"No I agree with you. He's horrible, and world would probably be better without him. But there has to be another way." Aang stated.

"This goes against everything I've been taught, I can't just going around killing people I don't like." Aang said as he began pacing.

"Aang is right." Y/n mumbled.

"What is wrong with you? Do you even hear yourself? He tried to wipe out your entire tribe!" Zuko asked her.

"That doesn't make murder right." She said.

"I'm sure if it's to keep balance, the universe will forgive you." Sokka said.

"This is not a joke Sokka! None of you understand the position I'm in!" Aang yelled.

"We do understand! We just-"

"Just what, Katara??"

"We're just trying to help!" Katara yelled.

"Well when you find a way for me to defeat the fire lord and spare his life, you let me know!" He stated before stomping away.

"Let him go." Y/n said to Katara, grabbing her shoulder.

"He's the youngest Avatar that's been about in years, there's a lot of pressure on him." Y/n mumbled.

"He reminds me of you." Zuko said, staring at y/n.

"I don't know about that."