.twenty.

"And they won't eat me?" Y/n asked, a little nervous. Her mother laughed as she brushed y/n's hair.

"No honey, I know you dont remember, but they were there when you were born, and you played with them everyday when you were little." Y/n sighed, her nerves eased a little. It had been two weeks since she arrived to the sun warrior tribe. She had been contently living the life she never had, running through fields of flowers, making friends, and finally feeling free. A day ago her mother told her it was time for her to meet two very important people in her life. So to prepare, she was finally gaining the marks of her tribe. She had fire nation tattoos, tribal markings, and sunstone hair barrettes, that of a royal. And as she looked in the mirror while her mother drew tribal stripes on her face, she felt nothing but contentment, the feeling of belonging.

"So where exactly are they? I didn't see any rooms for giant dragons when I came in, and how will I even approach them?" Y/n stated.

"Ran and Shaw live at the top of the mountain, they are older than you and I will ever be. They know you, and they love you, dont worry." Yumin replied.

"Do you promise?"

"I promise."

___________________

Y/n approached the long sequence of stairs slowly, she gulped as she stared at the top. The fire in her hand flickered as she took her first step to the unknown. The tribal drummers began to beat their instuments, the other citizens bowing before the set of stairs. Sweat formed on y/n's brow as she neared the top of the stair.

"Whoever the Masters deem not worthy, they kill. But you should be fine, as long as your personality hasn't changed much."

Once she reached the top, her gaze flickered between the deep caves on either side of her. The drummers were now silent, the only thing that could be heard was the flickering if the fire in her palms.

"Do what feels right, they'll come to you. Share something special with them."

Y/n took a deep breath. She grew the fire in her hand until she could split it in two, holding it out in either sides.

"Let's go in the garden

You'll find something waiting

Right there where you left it

Lying upside down"
Y/n sang rather loudly, not knowing how deep those caves were. After the first verse, she opened her eyes and listened, hoping to hear something. But there was nothing.

"And when you finally find it

You'll see how it's faded

The underside is lighter

When you turn it around"

Deep breath.

"Everything stays-"

There was rumbling and two beings shot out of the caves. Extremely long dragons in the color red and blue. They roared excitedly, circling around y/n so quickly that they blew out the fire in her hands. They circled her in a spherical shape, eyeing her calmly. Swallowing her nerves, she stared back.

"Everything stays

right where you left it

everything stays

but it still changes."

Y/n's strong voice was just barely heard over the sound of the swishing beasts. Once she began singing again, the beasts ceased their roaring, as if they wanted to hear her song.

"Ever so slightly

Daily and nightly

In little ways

When everything stays"

As she concluded the song, the dragons slowed their movements, now hovering near her. she could feel their heavy exhales against her off the shoulder Sun Warrior kimono. In the marbles of their eyes, she saw things that she never could have imagined, never could have describe.

"Its been a long time, huh?" She asked nervously. A second later the dragons nuzzled into her body like reunited pets.

"It has. Nice to see you, y/n." The voice she heard wasn't verbal, it sounded like it was inside if her head. She brushed it off and returned the affection. Below them, the villagers began to cheer, happy to see the two reunited.

"What was that you showed me?" She asked softly.

"The secrets of the world and what inhabits it." was all she got as a reply.