Chapter 2

Clary, Simon, Alec, Jace, and Izzy go to see the silent brothers at the City of Bones. Clary and Jace go into the dungeon while Alec, Izzy and Simon wait outside.

"So, is cracking someone's mind open supposed to take this long? Maybe we, or... you should go check?" Simon asks.

"Jace has it covered." Alec replies.

"Take my word for it. The Silent Brothers are quite unpleasant." Izzy says.

"That's not helping. Not at all. What if Clary can't handle the Brothers? What does that..."

"It literally never stops talking."

"Is he always so charming?" Simon asks Izzy.

"Firstborn. Heavy is the head that wears the crown." Izzy replies.

"Mmm. I feel his pain. Only son. Mother wants me to be a CPA."

"And you? What do you want?"

"Me? Um... well, I'm in a band."

"Yeah? What type of music? Let me guess. Indie rock?"

"Yeah."

"Got anything on your phone?"

"I do. We recorded our last set. We killed it, it's... I left my phone in the van."

"Let's go get it."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"Where is it going?" Alec asks annoyed.

"We'll be right back. What? He passes the time." Izzy responds.

"I can hear you guys, you know?" Simon states.

Simon and Izzy go to his van to get his phone and while Alec was waiting there, three demons came out and went after Alec. He shot the first one in no time then the second, but the third one was too quick and he didn't have time to ready another arrow when another arrow comes out of no where and kills the last one.

He looks over to where the arrow flew from and sees a cloaked woman with bright pink eyes staring at him, holding a black bow. He starts to head over there when suddenly Clary and Jace come out of the dungeon and Clary yells how Valentines her father.

He looks at them, then quickly looks back to where the woman was, but she's gone.

Then Clary's yelling about where Simon is.

A couple of vampires are holding Simon over the bridge and tell Clary to give them the Mortal Cup or else they'll kill Simon. Then they take off.

At Hotel DuMort

Raphael and Camille take Simon to a cage and lock him up. I walk up to them wearing a red low cut dress with heels, and my hair done half up.

"Camille! What are you doing? Kidnapping a mundane? We don't want to piss off the shadowhunters, were trying to stay under their radar." I scold Camille.

"But Desiree-" Camille protests.

"No buts. We don't want to mess with them. Ronan won't be happy to hear about this" I say.

"But you're his wife, can't you persuade him, sister." She pleads.

"No, you know how he won't listen to me." I say.

"You went directly against his orders, against the accords. He can kick you out of the clan if he wants to." I say.

"But if we can get the cup then we can have all of the power." Camille says.

A gigantic six foot eight guy with gigantic muscles, covered in a suit with a fur cloak trailing behind him walks in.

"I don't need a stupid cup to have all the power that I want" Ronan says.

He stalks over to them and places his arm around Desiree's waist. "Why do I hear that you fools kidnapped a human and am holding him for ransom?" He asks.

"Because It's true" Raphael says gingerly, just above a whisper.

"And what did I say that you guys should do?" He yells.

"Leave me alone and while your out don't attract the attention from other beings" Camille quotes.

"And do you do that? I leave you morons for a couple minutes and you already defied me."

"Do you know what I do with people that defy me?"

"You kick them out and set the other vampires on them" Raphael says.

"You better hope that no Shadowhunter's care about him"

"They could kill our whole clan just for that one human" Me and him walk away to our bedroom.

"And where were you when this was happening?" He asks me.

"I was out following the group of Shadowhunters like you wanted." I state.

"Good girl" he says.