Chapter 37

AN: I'm going to skip 3.5 because It's mainly that Alec finds Magnus' box of past loves things and Desiree has only been with Ronan, so they can't really argue about the same thing. Izzy goes on a date with the doctor.

Me and Clary are at Magnus' apartment and he is inspecting Clary's drawing of the demon she saw.

"It all happened so fast. I wish I got a better look at it." She says.

"Well, I've seen a lot of demons in my day, but never this." Magnus says.

"The last thing I remember, it touched its claw to my chest. I still don't know why it didn't kill me." She says.

"Powerful demons often leave an imprint, traces of their unique energy. If I can tap into the spot where it made contact with you, perhaps we can get a better sense of what we're dealing with." He says.

Clary nods and moves her hair back. Magnus uses his magic on Clary's chest. Then it's like Magnus burns his fingers. He has pulled out a dark red energy trace.

"What is it?" I ask.

"This energy signature, it's the same one that corrupted the ley lines. It seems that we're chasing the same demon." He says.

Magnus picks up a piece of paper and writes a fire message, then sends it off.

"What are you doing?" Clary asks.

"I'm sending a message to an old contact. He has access to information far beyond my resources. Hopefully, he's willing to help us identify the beast." He says.

"I should tell Jace." She says.

"Biscuit, is everything okay?" He asks.

"Why do you always call people food names?" I ask.

"I just do." He replies.

"What's mine?" I ask.

"You're cupcake because you look sweet, but on the inside could be deadly." He says.

"I tried to tell Jace about all this earlier, but he was acting strange." Clary says.

"Strange how?" I ask.

"Maybe I'm being paranoid, but he didn't exactly seem happy to see me. I tried to hug him, and it just... it felt odd." She says.

"Relationships. They can be exasperating, can't they?" Magnus asks.

"Yeah." She says.

"Sometimes, it's best just to be patient. Jace has been through a lot. He probably just needs some time." I say.

A fire message flies into the room, Clary dodges it, and Magnus catches it.

"Oh, we're in luck. Brother Zachariah says he's willing to meet. Tonight." He says.

"I'm sorry, but I can't go with you guys. I have dinner with Alecs mom tonight." I say.
———————————————————————————————————————
Me and Alec are getting ready to go to dinner with Maryse. I dress Camille in a cute dress and headband. We're ready and head to Hunters Moon and meet Izzy and Jace there as well.