Chapter 24

I'm at the hotel and Raphaels laying on his bed shuddering and sweating. He's having withdrawal from drinking Izzys blood.

"Raphael, tell me what to do, and I can do it. Whatever you need." I say.

"I'm okay. I just need to sweat it out." He replies. I sit down next to him.

"Raphael? Raphael?" I ask. I dab his forehead with a damp cloth.

"I want the blood so much." He says.

"I know. I know, it hurts, but you can't have it. Remember you're doing this for Izzy." I say.

"Stay strong for her." I say.

"Thank you. For always being there for me when I needed you. For taking me in when I had no family." He says.

"It was nothing, I'd help anyone in need." I say.

My phone chimes.

"What is it?" He asks.

"There was a demon attack. They need me." I say.

"Desiree, you need to go." He says.

"No. I'm not gonna leave you like this." I say.

"Desiree, go. I'm gonna be fine. I promise." He says.

"Okay just don't you dare go after her." I say.
—————————————————————————————————————-
I arrive at Heslodge bar with the others. The police are investigating it, but we're invisible.

"What's this sand on the floor?" Alec asks.

"This looks like a demon attack." Clary says.

"I've never seen a demon cause this kind of hemorrhaging." Jace says.

"Is there any security footage?" Alec asks.

"Nothing in the bar. Maybe CCTV caught something outside on the street." Luke says.

"We should get them back to the Institute." Alec says.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." Luke says.

"How's Izzy holding up?" I ask Alec, quietly.

"She's having a hard time, but she's getting clean. How's Raphael?" He asks.

"He's doing okay. When I left I told him to not even think about going to her." I say.

"How's the baby?" He asks.

"They're fine, just growing. I think vampires have baby's faster than humans. I think I'm probably three months along, when It's been three weeks." I say. (AN: I know in the story It's only been a week, but I had to make it three because if it was one week, then she would have the baby in two weeks.)

"Detective Garroway? Who are you talking to?" A lady asks.

"Just dictating some notes while they're still fresh. Something you should start doing." He lies.

"That's a great idea. They didn't mention it in training, but it makes perfect sense. Is there some special app for that?" She asks.

"Uh... Can you pull the car up? I'll meet you out front." He asks.

"Okay." She replies. Then she leaves.

"New partner?" Jace asks.

"She's driving me crazy." He says.
————————————————————————————————————-
Me and Alec go to Magnus' apartment to ask him about the case.