Chapter 28

Me, Izzy, and Jace are in the Ops center.

"That manipulative little wench. I hate the Seelie Queen." Izzy says.

"I do too, but I still gotta work with her." I say.

"Look, I'm not a huge fan of her either. But like her or not, Seelie magic doesn't lie. What happened at the Seelie Court, it was real. You know, I felt it, and I know Clary did, too." Jace says.

"Whoa, slow down." Izzy says.

"Izzy, I can't just erase my feelings." Jace says.

"Do Clary and Simon a favor. Don't go there, Jace." Izzy says.

We go to the meeting table where Alec and Sebastian are.

"I have requested that we move Valentine to the Gard in Idris. The Clave has approved the transfer." Alec says.

"What, you told them about the assassination attempt?" Jace says.

"No. I explained to them that moving Valentine out of the city is the best way to restore relations with the Downworld. I left Luke out of it." He says.

"It is the right decision." Sebastian inputs.

"But we have not given up finding who orchestrated the hit on Valentine." Alec says.

"I actually have a few leads on that. I'll, um, I'll get a report in by the end of the day." He says.

"Great. Izzy, you'll be leading the transfer mission. Jace, you will assist." Alec tells them as Sebastian leaves.

"What will I be doing?" I ask.

"Nothing, you're six months pregnant, you need to rest." He says. And I glare at him.

"Fine, you can help me do some paperwork." He says, giving in.

"We need to remove Valentine's Circle rune. The new wards in Idris won't let him pass with it on. Jace, do you want the honors?" Izzy asks.

"Thought you'd never ask." Jace replies.

"Okay." She says then leaves.

"Tell me that I'm making the right call, 'cause between you and me, I'm just not sure I'm good at this." Alec says.

"What are you talking about? Look, you were born for this job. Hey, think of it like archery, okay? Just, just trust yourself and don't hesitate, and beyond that, just cross your fingers." Jace says. They both smile and Jace walks away.

Me and Alec go to his office and I help him with all of the paperwork.

"I think I have a name for the baby." I say.
——————————————————————————————————————-
A while later Izzy knocks on the open door and enters. Alec is sitting at the desk.

"Valentine's Circle rune has been removed, and I've assembled my team." She says.

"Good. I'll feel a lot better when he's out of the Institute." Alec says.