Chapter 3

I'm observing from the shadows as Simon is pushed into a living room by Raphael.

"So how does this end? Do I, uh... do I get out of here or what?"

"The answer to that is above my paygrade."

"Paygrade? They pay vampires?"

"Let's just say we invest early and often."

Simon walks around in the room and hits a statue. "Ow!"

"Sit down. Why won't you sit? I really hate fidgeting."

"I'm just, uh... just looking."

"For a way out? Ooh. There isn't one."

"So what's up with that vampire lady, the one scolding all of you?" Simons asks

"Oh you don't want to be messing with her, if he hears you mentioning her, you're dead."

"Who's this he that I'm always hearing about around here anyways?"

"That he is the king of the vampires and Desirees husband. You don't want to mess with him. One time he had a whole clan killed just for insulting his suit."

"Wow that's intense."

"Well you have to be to be the king, you can't let anybody question your power, which Camille is defiantly doing by having you here."

"Then why hasn't he killed her yet?" Simons asks

"Because she's Desirees sister and he doesn't want to upset her, but if she pushes much more then that won't matter anymore."

I see Simons trying to distract him by talking and grabs a dagger and throws it into Raphael's chest.

"Oh, my God." Simon exclaims.

Raphael takes out the dagger. "Oh, please. Honestly, I just got this jacket. There's no way out. You're a hostage, so accept it."

"Why do vampires care so much about suits? You guys can wear anything, there's lots of clothes. Why suits?" Simon asks.

"We're just classy people, we like fancy stuff. Maybe It's because people are usually buried in suits and we're walking corpses, so maybe that's it." Raphael responds.

"So I'm a hostage? That means you won't kill me, yeah?"

Then Camille walks in.

"Won't kill you? Who said that? Raphael. Oh, look. How sweet. You're bleeding. I am so looking forward to getting to know you." Camille says.

"Camille stop playing with him, the shadowhunters will already be mad enough that you took him, you don't need to add hurting him to it." I say to her.

"Why do you care what the shadowhunters think so much?" She counters.

"Because Ronan cares"

"Do you always listen to what dear old Ronan says like a good little wife?"

I'm glaring daggers at her and say "You would too if you know what's good for you."
--------------------------------------------------

I grab my cloak and bow and head out to track down where the shadowhunters are. It's a good thing that I have a tracker in the raven haired ones bow. I track them to a grave yard, they must be looking for a stash of weapons there at Mary Milligans grave, lets just say I've taken a few things here and there from it. I also knew her when she was alive, she was one of our servants.

"Whose grave is it?" Alec asks.

"Mary Milligan, born January 10th, 1802. Died January 10th, 1878." Izzy responds