Chapter 10

AN: In this chapter they're going to the alternate universe and Desiree doesn't go with them, so when it's her POV, It's the alternate dimension Desiree's POV, like with Magnus.

Clary POV

We go to the Seelie woods and I go to the alternate universe.

AN: It's all the same dialogue, I just skipped it because I wouldn't add anything different to it. And if you've read as many stories as I have, then you get tired of the same dialogue every time.

I'm in my house and am preparing breakfast. When I turn around, I see Valentine and I grab a butter knife and point it at him.

"Where's my mother?!" I yell at him.

"Whoa. Is this from one of your cosplay skits? Uh, honey? Come in here. You gotta see this. No, seriously, you have to let me come with you, just once, okay? I wanna see what you do at these things, all right?" Valentine asks. My mom enters.

"Val, you're not allowed to do cosplay. You'd stick out like a sore thumb." She says.

"Mom." I say. Then I go and hug her.

"Wow. Wow, if you miss us this much, you should really leave the dorm room more often." Mom says.

"Right. Sorry." I apologize.

Jocelyn sits down at the table. I look at the sketch on the easel; it's signed by Jocelyn Morgenstern.

"Clary...in honor of your father's Mad Hatter party tonight." She says.

"Your mom made waffles for you. Come on, kiddo, you gotta eat something, right? So, Clarissa... when do I get to meet this new man in your life, hmm?" He asks.

"Val." She scolds.

"What? I have to give my stamp of approval, right?" He asks.

A commercial comes on. It's a mattress commercial. I see Desiree and Ronan on the tv.

"Come down and see the king and queen of New York." Desiree says.

"And sleep like a king." Ronan continues.

"Mattresses are half off for another week." Desiree says. Then it goes to them both jumping back onto the mattress and that's the end of the commercial. That's such a drastic change in them. She just killed him and now they own a mattress store together. Then another commercial comes on.

"Oh, Clary, look at this commercial, it's hilarious. It's so bad, it's good." Mom says.

"Oh, yeah." He agrees.

"and almost broke when Magnus Bane helped me figure out what I was supposed to do with my life. Now? I run my own dojo." Hodge says on the tv.

"After being mauled by a suspect's dog, Magnus helped me realize that maybe the police force wasn't my calling. So I opened up a rare bookstore. Now, I'm doing what I love." Luke says on the tv.

"Thanks, Magnus Bane." They both say.

"I'm Magnus Bane. Come in today for a tarot card and psychic reading. I'll help you find your way." Magnus says.

"I have to go." I say.

"What?" She asks.

"I thought you were spending the morning with us." He says.

"I, uh, have a last minute assignment due that I haven't even started yet, so I gotta go." I say as I'm leaving.

"Well, we'll see you tonight, right? Clarissa?" He asks, but I'm already gone.
———————————————————————————————-
Alec POV Regular Dimension