Chapter 25

We're in the institute.

Me and Alec approach Jace.

"Looks like Azazel's headed south. We've just recovered four dead mundanes with his signature MO." Alec tells him.

"Okay. Let's go." Jace says.

Imogen approaches them to stop them from leaving.

"To catch a Greater Demon you summoned to the Institute, defying all protocol and common sense?" She says.

"Don't put this all on Jace. I had a part in this, too." Alec says.

"Look, if you wanna bench your best fighter with a Greater Demon on the loose, I'm happy to oblige." Jace says.

"No. First we vanquish Azazel. Then I'll decide what to do with you." She says. Imogen walks away.

"Go. I'll catch up." Jace tells us.
——————————————————————————————————————-
Me, Alec, Jace, and Clary are looking at a holographic map of the city.

"Azazel's attacks go as far south as the Meatpacking District, and then the trail runs cold." Alec says.

"It's no use just tracking dead bodies. With his ability to dematerialize he could be anywhere." Jace adds.

Alec closes the map. Izzy and Sebastian come up to us.

"Maybe we can help." She says.

"Izzy! We've been so worried about you. Where have you been?" Clary asks, hugging her.

"Looking for Azazel. This is Sebastian Verlac, from the London Institute. When the demon came after me, Sebastian saved my life." She explains.

"Oh, I simply lent a hand." He says.

"Sebastian's an expert on all things Azazel." She says.

"That's interesting." I say.

"When I studied abroad at the Paris Institute, I specialized in Greater Demons." Sensation says.

"Thanks for saving my sister. I'm Alec." Alec says, shaking his hand.

"Hey. Yeah, thank you. I'm Jace." Jace says and they shake hands.

"Hi I'm Desiree." I say going to shake his hand, but he takes it and kisses it.

"And his girlfriend." I say motioning to Alec, who is glaring at him.

"The great warrior in the flesh. Your reputation precedes you. As does yours. You must be Clary, Valentine's daughter." He says. Clary and Sebastian shake hands.

"Yeah. Don't hold it against me." She says.

"Well, we don't choose our parents." He replies.

"So tell us about Azazel. How do we take him down?" Jace asks.

"The only way to banish him is to puncture his demonic core. In corporeal form, it's between the T8 and T9 vertebrae. But it's not that simple. The core is about the size of a pea." He explains.