Chapter 20

Me and Alec arrive back to the institute.

"I mean, how would they feel?" Alec asks.

"Well, I'm glad you didn't ask in front of the sushi chef." I say.

"Well, seriously, why do they call it fatty tuna? I mean that's a little degrading." He says.

"I don't think obese tuna sounds any better." I say.

"You know, as much as I love Tokyo and Prague, a bacon burger from the East Village isn't that bad." He says.

"The world is out oyster." I say.

"I got you something." He says.

"Me?" I ask.

"Yes, you. Open it." He says handing me a bag. I pull out a little luck charm.

"It's supposed to bring you luck and protection." He explains.

"Thank you, Alec. You continue to surprise me." I say.

"In good ways, I hope." He says.

"And I have a surprise for you, I think I'm pregnant. I've been craving goat blood specifically, and I can just feel it." I say.

"That's wonderful. We're having a baby." He says starting to tear up.

We start making out on the bed while the music is playing. Alec phone beeps and he takes a look.

"Damn it. I need to go." He says.

"Go do your job, Shadowhunter. I'm not going anywhere." I say.

"All right." He says.

"One thing before you go. Would it be okay if I told Magnus and Raphael about the baby? You can tell Jace and Izzy, which would lead to Clary and Simon." I ask.

"That'll be fine. They'll be excited. I can't believe it, we're having a baby. A baby." He says hugging and kissing me before he leaves.
————————————————————————————————————
Alec POV

I get to the institute and go over to Izzy who is looking at a holographic map of the city. She's breathing and sweating heavily.

"Where have you been? Had to slaughter a horde of Shax demons in Grand Central. Could've used your help." I. Say.

Izzy has zoomed in on a cityblock and pulls up some pictures.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Uh... Aldertree has me on a special assignment. I'm checking out some rogue vamp dens." She replies.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She says.

"You don't seem fine." I say.

"Anyways I have some news for you. When Clary went to Iris', she gave Clary and Desiree a elixir so they could get pregnant. Me and Desiree wanted to try for a baby because she's always wanted one and she's pregnant!" I say.