Chapter 2

Alessandro's POV:

"Mr Winton, I'm only going to say this once so listen the fuck up," I grunted, tapping my pen against my wooden oak desk.

My new assistant stood opposite me, visibly shaking like a frightened little puppy, refusing to meet my intense gaze. Good choice.

"All documents sent to me need to be encrypted. Your action has caused me a great deal of trouble." I stood up, slowly walking towards him and eyeing him like a predator does to his prey.

"I'm..I'm so-sorry Sir. I didn't kn-know." He explained, barely above a whisper.

"Tsk tsk"

All my employees know better than to say "I don't know". I hate that. That phrase embodied incompetence, lazyness and straight up jackshit. Luckily before he was able to send out the email, my trusty IT man intercepted it and reported it straight to headquarters. Being the number one company in the world for business meant that there was no room for mistakes.

"Do you know how De Luca Inc. become number one worldwide?" I taunted. It was amusing to see a grown man shake in terror before I had even begun.

"N-No Sir."

I leaned against the front of my desk, sneering at him.

"Fratello, fermati. Sembra che stia per fregarsi i pantaloni," (Brother, stop. He looks like he's about to crap his pants)

Hearing a familiar voice in the room, I peered behind a shaking Mr Winton to see my annoying best friend, Dante Valentino, leaning against the door frame, sharing a similar smirk.

Rolling my eyes, I gave in.

"Leave."

Without sparing him another glance, I turned back to my desk flipping through the pile of reports. I heard him heave a sigh of relief, thinking that he was safe as he rushed out of my office.

"Uomo stolto," I said before pressing the intercom to the front desk. (Foolish man)

Dante chuckled softly in the background. Everyone knew no one who comes out of this office is ever seen with happy or relieved expressed unless they were family.

"Russo, let Mr Winton know he's fired."

"Yes Sir."

Once that was over, I fell back into my chair with a huff, looking out around the horizon of skyscrapers. Why is it so hard to find competent, responsible, sensible employees? People are so fucking stupid these days and I hate stupidity so much.

I remember being as weak and helpless as Mr Winton himself back when I was in college. I was a mess; constantly partying, sleeping with different woman every night, spending millions every second on useless things I never needed. But that all changed, when I finally came to the realisation of my destructive ways. 7 years of sleepless nights and decisive actions have led me to where I am today, the ceo and founder of De Luca Inc..

Even the idiota in front of me played a major role in building this company from scratch. Dante Valentino has been my annoying ass best friend from the time we were in diapers making us practically brothers; our mothers were best friends after all. Despite his carefree and sometimes childish ways, he created his own company, which was only second to mine. Surprising isn't it? (Idiot)

He definitely was one smart bastard alright. But he will never know I think th-. A cough interrupted my thoughts.

"Not to distract you from your daydream," he chuckled, "but I have business to discuss with you."

Dante's expression immediately changed to one of seriousness. One thing I like about Dante was the way he dealt with business; always professional and straight to the point.