Chapter 10

Alessandro's POV:

I walked into my building, the hustle and bustle quietened down as employees walked past me, making sure to avoid my path, greeting me with respect as they passed.

I kept my head held high, maintaining a stoic expression, taking big strides to the elevator. Everyone in the office knew not to bother me unless it was something very pressing. Even so, all messages went through my personal assistant, Russo, anyways. I don't like people wasting my time. Time is money.

As the elevator reached the top floor, I walked out seeing Russo on my right, waiting for my arrival. Without speaking a word, he handed me my morning coffee, following me towards my office as he recited the day's agenda.

"Good morning Mr De Luca," he said, "You have a meeting at 9am with the marketing team, 10am with team alpha, 11am with Hugo Boss, 12pm with the legal team...."

Russo went on as I sat back in my chair, sighing at the long day ahead.

"...and finally a meeting with Mr Borgatti and his client."

"Thank you Russo," I replied, sorting through the paper work on my desk. "Send them in."

After five hours of gruesome work, I was almost out of patience. My fingers started tapping against my thigh, my legs twitching, my tongue clicking against the roof of my mouth.

"I don't pay your team to tell me the problems," I said, trying to be as calm as possible, "Find a solution by tomorrow. Dismissed."

Despite what I said, my employees just stood there, heads down, fidgeting in their place. I rolled my eyes, making eye contact with Russo.

"The meeting is over. Please leave and get back to work." Russo said. They grabbed their materials quickly, scurrying out of my office.

"Russo, cancel my next meeting, I'm leaving the office for a while," I said, straightening out my tie before walking out of my office without a second look.

"Yes sir."

I gritted my teeth as I clicked my tongue, clearly still irritated by the morning meetings. I moved through the city streets, shoving my hands in my pants pockets, mindlessly walking around to clear my head. By the time I was out of my daze, I realised I had walked all the way to the city park.

I sat down on a near-by bench, closing my eyes as I focused on the sounds around me. How peaceful, how serene. It was absolutely divine. Silence is so powerful and I relished in the moment. Unfortunately, my thoughts were interrupted by a phone call.

Ringg Ringg

I growled. It better not be work-related.

Caller ID: My tesoro

My anger immediately dissipated away. This was a surprise. I didn't expect her to call me. Unconsciously, a smile etched on my face as I answered the call.

"Hello Kara."

"Hello Alessy, it's me, Brooke." A little voice squeaked.

"Hello piccolo, how are you doing sweetheart?" I asked.

"I'm good."

"How did you get your mummy's phone."

"Mummy in meeting. I am playing games on her phone but I missed you. So I called you." She explained.

"Oh. I missed you too piccolo. Tell me what you've been up to."

For the next fifteen minutes, my piccolo told me all about the progress she was making in her soccer practices, the pranks that Kara, her uncle Stef and herself had played on the whole family and the fact that she could read one whole page of a book all by herself. She was absolutely adorable and was definitely going to be a genius like her mother. I couldn't help but let out a hearty chuckle, my body felt so much more relaxed than it was throughout the morning.