Chapter 20

Hannah's POV:

Today's my first day off after one week of working continuously. Thank freaking goodness. Not that I didn't like my job, I love it but working with people twelve hours a day can get pretty exhausting very fast. By the time the week was over, my whole body was sore, my eyelids barely able to lift an inch and my eye bags. Oh my. Don't even get me started on them. I look like a panda alright.

I sipped on my pipping hot fresh cuppa as I breathed in the sensational aroma. I sighed loudly, smiling to myself. This is exactly what I needed. A fresh cup of coffee after my twelve hour beauty sleep. Putting my coffee down onto the kitchen island, I stretched my arms over my head, rolling my shoulders as the cracks sounded throughout the room. Wow that was intense. I love the sound of the cracks. Am I the only one?

"Good morning chica," Kara smiled as she walked into the kitchen, "I take it you are well rested now."

"Nothing a twelve hour nap couldn't fix." I replied, catching the apple she threw towards me.

I looked down at her outfit. Pencil skirt and a blouse. I frowned in confusion.

"Where are you going? I thought you took the day off." I said, following her to the living room.

"I got called into the office this morning. The first batch of merchandise has just arrived."

"Oh.." I was not surprised at this point. Kara was a workaholic after all. Whenever work called, she came running. Quite the opposite mindset to a normal person. Then again, her IQ is far from normal.

"Hey Hannahhh," Kara whined in a sickly sweet voice she always used when she needed me to do something for her.

"What do you need from me now?" I said with caution, gazing over her pouting form. This does not seem promising.

"Could you please take Brooke to her soccer practice?" I gave her my 'are you serious, on my day off' look.

"Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top."

"Seriously Kara." I replied with a deadpan expression, my hand covering my face.

"Brooke! Come here. I need your pouty face." Kara screamed. Oh no. She knew I couldn't resist my little munchkin's puppy dog face.

Don't look, don't look, don't fall for it, I told myself, putting up a brave front.

However, my stoic wall came crashing down the moment I looked into Brooke big blue eyes that shined right into my soul. She blinked rapidly, with her long eyelashes fluttering up and down, putting me into a trance. Crikey. With that look, she could get away with murder.

"Fine." I stomped my way back into my room to get changed while Kara and Brooke cheered in the background. Those two rascals.

Once I was ready, I walked back into the living room to see Brooke sitting on the couch waiting for me. I grabbed the car keys on the hook by the door as we made our way to the car. I buckled Brooke in and shoved her gym bag in the boot before getting in myself.

We reached the soccer field within ten minutes as I parked the car into a lot. I helped Brooke out before holding her hand as we walked to where her team was gathered. Once Brooke saw her friends, she let go out of my hand, rushing to see her friends. What a traitor.

Brooke and her teammates started their warm ups as I settled myself down on a bench along the sidelines, scrolling through my phone.

New message: Mr Valentino

Huh, what does he want now? I clicked on his message.

Mr Valentino: Where are you buttercup?