Chapter 7

Kara's POV:

I walked into Brooke's room for the sixth time, yanking her quilt off her sleeping body once again, pulling her by her arms up into a sitting position.

"Brooklyn, get your butt into the bathroom and get ready right now," I said sternly, "If you don't, I'll call Ms Vaughan and tell her you won't be going for soccer tryouts today."

Once she heard the word "soccer tryouts", she jumped right out of bed, walking straight into the bathroom.

"I'm going right now mummy!"

Despite my slim, limp looking figure, the only sport I seemed pretty decent in was soccer. Surprising isn't it. I played soccer throughout primary school and high school, with my dad and godfather being my biggest fans. Those two were the biggest soccer fans I knew, they always had the latest game playing on the tv and since I was always around them, I eventually got hooked onto it too.

I walked into Brooke's closet, packing her gym bag. Brooke was so excited for tryouts. She was too young to try out for the little leagues last year. However, Ms Vaughan finally caved in, giving her a chance this year. Ever since Brooke was a toddler, I kicked the ball around with her, showing her tricks, watching the glint of amazement in her eyes. From that moment on, she was hooked on the sport.

Brooke came out of the bathroom dressed in her jersey, headband and long socks. Aww, my baby's so grown up. I held out my arms towards her, giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"You look great little one. You're gonna smash it today," I encouraged.

"Thanks mummy," she exclaimed, handing me her hair brush.

I brushed through her long shiny dark brown locks, getting all the knots out before styling her hair in a double french braid. It was the best hairstyle for soccer; it kept all of her baby hairs from flying into her face. Once I was done, I tapped her nose, handing her brush back to her as she placed it back in the bathroom.

"Bring your gym bag down as well," I said, walking out of her room and into the kitchen to make breakfast.

Once Hannah, Brooke and I were settled down, Hannah asked, "You excited for today sweat pea?"

She nodded her head with her mouth full. I gave her a pointed look as she swallowed.

"Yes Aunt Han Han."

I knew Brooke was going to be just fine today. Despite her being less than four years old, she already had incredible dribbling skills and could control the ball quite well with both her feet. She was very agile and quick on her feet, her legs moving faster than my eyes could follow. Her abilities really amazed me. She was very accurate in her passing, even to the extent of surpassing me once or twice. It was really funny when my dad and godfather saw her potential. I thought their jaws would never shut.

"Okay little one. We better get going now," I grabbed my bag, making sure we had everything we needed before heading out the door. We walked towards the car in the driveway, strapping her in before driving off.

"Mummy?" She said softly.

"Yes little one?"

"I'm scared."

"Why is that so baby?" I looked back at her through the rear mirror, slightly concerned, "you're going to do great. I'm very proud of you little one."

She nodded her head.

"Mummy?"

"Yes little one?"

"Is Alessy coming over today?" I was stumped by her question.