Chapter 4

Alessandro's POV:

I sat at the head of the table in a board meeting, bored as ever, as my employees tried to explain how they lost me five fucking million dollars. They were imbeciles if they thought any explanation was going to get them out of this fucking mess.

My patience wore thin, as I clenched my jaw, no longer amused, menacingly staring them down. I was pretty sure they could see my vein across my neck bulging as my anger rose above the safe zone.

My employees visibly gulped as they struggled to continue, avoiding my eye contact at all cost. I had enough. I raised my hand towards the door and that was all the took for them to scurry out with their tails tucked under their asses.

I rolled my eyes. Absolute fucktards.

Just as I stood up, leaving the joke of a meeting behind, I saw Dante, casually leaning against my new secretary's desk, chatting her up. Man Whore. I knocked on the glass panel, catching their attention, gesturing for him to get into my office. Knowing Dante and his moves, he adjusted his armani suit, gave her a charming smile, winked and left her swooning after his presence. Typical.

"Per cosa sei venuto qui a verdermi?" I grunted, still pissed from the previous meeting. (What did you come here to see me for?)

"What crawled up your ass this early in the morning Alessa?" He replied, clearly trying to push my buttons.

I glared at him as he put his hands up in surrender.

"The Kings is having a massive reopening party tonight."

It was our club. Of course, I knew what was happening. I knew everything.

"Il tuo punto?" (Your point?")

"We should go."

"No."

"Come on! Why not," He pleaded, "you need to relax a bit. Let loose."

"No. Fine della storia." (No. End of story.)

"Please, please, please, please." He repeated.

I ignored him, flipping through the stack of paper work on my desk. After five minutes of hearing his annoying voice echoing in my office, I gave in.

"Fratello, sta 'zitto!" I shouted, "I'll make an appearance." (Brother, shut up!)

Satisfied with my answer, he shrugged off his suit jacket, making himself comfortable on my couch.

"Wake me up when you're ready to go."

Sometimes, I wondered how he ran a business since he seemed to be always napping in my office. Disregarding the sleeping figure, I went back into work mood. This company didn't run by itself.

After hours of non-stop work, I slammed my laptop shut, finishing for the day. My action must have been pretty loud since Dante fell off the couch, startled by the ruckus. He groaned, lifting himself off the floor, running his hands through his hair and sneering at me.

I gave him an unimpressed look.

"We're leaving now." I said, walking out of my office.

"Russo." I said as I passed by the front desk, heading towards the elevator.

Knowing exactly what I wanted, he called Benjamin to bring the car around. See these are the types of employees I needed. Intelligent and quick.

The elevator door were shutting as Dante slipped right in.

"You couldn't hold the doors open for me Fratello," He said in disbelief.