Chapter 21

Kara's POV:

I took out my phone and called Hannah to let her know of the change in plans for the night.

"Hello?" Hannah said, sounding like she had just woken up.

"Hannah, change of plans for tonight. Alessandro's mother invited Brooke and I to have dinner at their place."

"What? So you're ditching me again," she groaned into the phone.

"I mean you could come with..." I thought out loud. That'll be good too. The focus won't be on Brooke and I entirely.

"I'll ask Alessandro to confirm, hang on for a second."

Still on the phone with her, I brisk walked back to his office, this time knocking politely on the door and not barging in like a mad woman. Once I heard him say "come in", I opened the door slightly and peaked my head in. I covered the speakers of my phone so that Hannah's nonsensical mumbling couldn't be heard.

"Kara?" He looked up from his laptop, "You seem to be in my office more often than your own. What can I do for you?"

He chuckled to himself.

"Um..would it be alright if Hannah joined us for dinner?"

"Yes of course, it's fine. Dante will be there as well anyways. I'll let my mother know." He replied instantly, smiling back at me.

"Thank you." I beamed before closing the doors softly behind me, allowing him to do his work in peace. He was a busy man after all.

As I walked back to my office, I placed the phone back on my ear.

"Hello? Hannah? Are you still there?"

All I heard was snoring in the background. Crikey, this woman. Not wanting to scream into my phone with other colleagues around, my legs moved faster towards the direction of my office. Once I was out of earshot, I screamed Hannah's name into the phone. With a few bangs and curses in the background, I chuckled, imagining a very unamused Hannah being rudely awoken from her slumber.

"What chica?!" she screamed back, finally clearly awake.

"He said it's fine for you to come too. Come by the office around 5.30pm with Brooke and we'll go together."

"Okay. 5.30pm, gotcha."

"By the way, Dante will be there too." I rushed out.

"WH-" That was all I heard before I hung up on her, not letting her get out of the situation. One for all and all for one. I chuckled to myself before getting back into work mode. With a determined mindset, I was ready to take on the piles of reports to review on my desk. It was going to be an extra long afternoon alright. I can feel it in my bones.

-------

Come on Kara, this is the last page of the last report, you can do this. I repeated to myself as I tapped my fingers against my head, itching to tear my roots out. I have been sitting at this desk for the last five hours. All I can say is that my butt is a hundred percent num, my back is broken and my shoulders feel like mount Everest is sitting on top of them.

As I began reviewing the last page of the report, I rolled my neck around and rubbed my sore shoulders. A knock sounded on my door.

"Come in." I said without looking up from the page.

Once the person had entered the room, I said, "what can I do for you?", as I looked up, unwillingly tearing my eyes from the page. I had one last page. Did someone really have to interrupt me right now?