Chapter 3

Kara's POV:

I heard some rustling outside my room but I couldn't be bothered to check it out. It was probably Hannah making a mess in the kitchen again. It didn't take much convincing for me to snuggle back into bed and fall back asleep.

"Shhh.." I heard faintly, as my door creaked open.

"Go on sweet pea,"

My eyes slowly fluttered open making my face scrunch up as it adjusted to the morning sunlight that streaked into the room. Boy it was bright. I stretched my arms, back and legs like a siamese cat and sat up, facing the intruder who dared to wake me from my beauty sleep. Someone was going to get a smack or two if they woke me up for nothing.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...." Hannah and Brooke sang softly, carrying a cake with lit candles walking towards my bed.

My irritation disappeared instantly and my eyes widened at the surprise. Awww, my cuties. I opened my arms, inviting my baby to jump into bed with me. I cuddled her close, relishing in the moment.

"Thank you guys so much," I said, wiping the tears that escaped my eye.

"Oh no, we made mummy cry." Brooke pouted as her chubby finger wiped my cheeks.

"No no little one, these are happy tears," I explained, "Mummy couldn't be happier."

"Make a wish chica," Hannah said as she brought the cake closer.

I closed my eyes and made a wish. I already had everything I wanted. It couldn't get better than this. I opened my eyes to see Hannah and Brooke giggling away.

"Let's eat cake!"

"Little one, go with aunt han han to the kitchen. Mummy's going to get changed alright," I said as I stood up from my bed.

She nodded her head, walking with a skip in her step as she ran to the kitchen with Hannah following behind.

"Don't forget about the promise you made to me the other day," Hannah grinned cheekily, "and there's no way you're getting out of this so don't even try."

I groaned loudly as I face planted right back into bed. Clubbing. oh goodness. I'm doom-.

Wait a minute. Loophole - Brooke. I can't leave Brooke alone. I smirked, satisfied with my excuse as I went into my bathroom, getting ready for the day. I squeezed into some blue denim distressed skinny jeans with a loose fitting white v-neck tee shirt, tucking the excess fabric into the front of my jeans. I shrugged on a hazel-chocolate-coloured cardigan, sprayed some Marc Jacobs perfume, did a little shimmy shimmy, and headed towards the 2 rascals in the kitchen.

 I shrugged on a hazel-chocolate-coloured cardigan, sprayed some Marc Jacobs perfume, did a little shimmy shimmy, and headed towards the 2 rascals in the kitchen

My jaw dropped as I walked into the kitchen. Brooke and Hannah's faces were covered entirely in icing and cake, laughing away at each other's expense.