Chapter 9

Kara's POV:

Today is the day godfather's coming back home. I couldn't wait to see him, it's been about a month or two since I had last seen him. He has been really busy with work but whenever I asked him about it, he brushes it off or changes the subject. I wonder what was so top secret that he couldn't even tell me what it was about. He always told me everything; whether it was business deals, taking on new clients, forming new alliances with companies or even when the business wasn't doing so well and he needed ideas to revamp his position in the market.

"Little one," I called, "do you want to come with me to pick up uncle Stef from the airport?"

"Yes mummy! I'll put on my shoes now." She replied excitedly. She had just learnt how to properly tie up her laces. You know, from the bunny ear, bunny ear song.

"Okay little one."

I grabbed all my belonging and headed out the the front door.

"Look mummy!" Brooke said with a huge smile on her face. "I did it! I did it!"

"That's amazing little one. Good job," I said, kissing her head. She was learning so fast.

We made our way to the car as I strapped her into her car seat, buckling myself safely in before taking off. Godfather always loved making a grand entrance, I wonder what he's going to do this time.

The last time he came home, it was hella dramatic alright. The front door slammed open and a group of men walked in and started singing, harmonising with each other.

"Sweet home Alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet home Alabama
Lord, I'm coming home to you"

They made a 'v' formation, snapping their fingers to the beat as our whole family looked at them with confusion and utter bewilderment while Hannah crept slowly towards the kitchen closet, where she kept her bat for emergencies of course. But sometimes, I think she enjoys a little rough housing. How did she become a nurse, let alone a mid-wife? Aren't they supposed to be gentle and caring?

Anyways, the jazzy group of men continued singing.

"In Birmingham they love the Governor, boo, boo, boo
Now we all did what we could do
Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you? Tell the truth"

Right at the end of the verse, they split, creating two equal lines, making a pathway and at the end of the line, Godfather stood there in all his glory. He was dressed in a classic 1700s penguin suit, lined with gold buttons and hefty shoulder pads. On his head sat a tall, sophisticated black top hat, complimenting his look. He winked at all of us, waving around the baton as he sang the chorus.

"Sweet home Alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet home Alabama
Lord, I'm coming home to youuuuuu"

Our family clapped loudly, laughing at his antiques. Classic godfather move. He always had a knick for theatrics. He gave a deep bow, before rushing to all of us, crushing us in a giant group hug. What could he possible do to top that act off?

I drove pass security, nodding my head at the guard stationed at the entrance. Moving past them, I saw godfather's private jet, The Borgatti, roll along the tarmac, stopping in its place. I sped up, parking closer to the plane, jumping out of the car in excitement, helping Brooke as well.

"Where's uncle Stef mummy?" Brooke asked in anticipation.

"He should be coming soon little one," I replied, as we waited by side of the plane, looking up at the door where I assumed he would walk out from.