Chapter 13

Alessandro's POV:

"Mr Kingsley has been poaching some of our minor deals in Dubai, Hong kong and Shanghai," Dante informed, crossing his leg over his knee, waiting for my response.

"What's the damage?"

"10 million so far," he continued, "if he keeps this up, we can end up losing a significant portion of the overseas funds."

"Where's his next target?" I asked, tapping my hand against my chin, devising a plan of action.

"Singapore."

I nodded, pressing the intercom, asking Russo to come in.

"Get me a private jet to Singapore tomorrow," I instructed before looking over towards Dante, "we're going to pay him a little visit."

"I assume you're taking Kara with you?" Dante asked as I had told him about the deal Mr Borgatti and I had made.

I looked up at him, frowning, not understanding where he was going with that.

"Read the contract she signed Fratello," he said simply, smirking in my direction as he patted me on my shoulder, "You're gonna love me for it."

I had Dante construct majority of the contracts for our companies since he has a great deal of knowledge in law and politics and practically knew every loophole possible. Only he would have read through the whole contract, taking in and considering every detail. He would only alert me of the major sections of the contract before meeting the client but I trusted him entirely. He was my brother after all. My family.

He took out the contract from his briefcase, tossing it out to me, saying, "section fifteen, fourth paragraph."

"Travelling overseas:

When a stakeholder deems it necessary, they have the authority to acquire the assistance of their fellow stakeholders in overseas meetings in conjunction with other clients in terms of the given project. Failure to meet these conditions will result in the termination of such contract and the holder of the project will ultimately be shared among the unoffending stakeholders."

I continued reading the rest of the section as I nodded, smirking in content.

"Fratello...you are a fucking genius my friend," I said, grabbing his face in my hands, lightly patting his cheek as I slumped back into my chair, "Un fottuto genio del cazzo." (A bloody fucking genius.)

*****

Kara's POV:

It was finally the weekend, the time to sleep in and do absolutely nothing besides eat, sleep and Netlfix. I woke up gracefully as the sun's ray shone into the room, the light waking me up from my slumber. The birds chirping away outside my window as I stretched out all my limbs, getting out from the bed to open the window. Brooke, Hannah and I always had weekend rituals, breakfast with cartoons, followed by more lazing around, maybe completing a puzzle or two and maybe ending the evening with a walk in the park before dinner. A calm, relaxing day.

"Good morning mummy," Brooke said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Morning little one and Hannah," I smiled at her, kissing her on her head as I got out our favourite cereal, Reeses peanut butter puffs.

Hannah grunted in response, clearly still tired from work the previous day. She shuffled her bunny slippers towards the fridge, taking out the milk and fruits, setting them on the living room table. I grabbed three bowls from the cupboard and the cereal meeting them there as Brooke was flipping through the channels, looking for a cartoon to watch.