Chapter 17

Kara's POV:

I rushed in my room, dragging Hannah behind with me. I hopped in the shower while she rummaged through my wardrobe. I turned the water on, scrubbing my body hard, making sure I didn't smell like a slob. I shaved my legs and used a scented body soap to lather my skin before rinsing off and getting out of the shower. I wrapped my body in a towel, wiping the foggy mirror. That looks better.

As I walked out of my bathroom, Brooke was laying down on the bed, giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to every outfit that Hannah displayed.

"Brooke, you can't go meddling in my love life. You can't even spell the word yet," I groaned, joining her on the bed as she smiled innocently at me.

"Yes I can," she grinned.

"L....O...," I could see her eyes wandering behind my figure.

I turned around and saw Hannah's arms up, displaying the letters for Brooke. That little cheater.

"You cheeky little monkey," I sneered playfully, pinching her chubby little cheeks as she groaned.

"You have 10 minutes left mummy."

I sighed, turning to Hannah to see what she had for me. A royal blue dress with a halter neck that went down to the middle of my thigh, a light blue and white flowy flowery dress with puffy sleeves and lastly a simple black tight dress which hugged my curves with sheer long sleeves.

"The black one," Hannah and I said at the same time, "jinx."

We giggled at each other as Hannah dabbed on a bit of foundation and mascara, keeping my look natural and light. I brushed through my hair with my fingers before tying it up in a simple low ponytail, pulling a few strands to frame my face.

I heard someone knock on the door as Brooke jumped off the bed, dashing out from my bedroom to answer the door with Hannah trailing behind her

I heard someone knock on the door as Brooke jumped off the bed, dashing out from my bedroom to answer the door with Hannah trailing behind her. I hurriedly placed some simple sliver studs in my ears and a sliver necklace around my neck. I looked myself in the mirror, taking a deep breath in. Breathe, it's just dinner.

Taking one last look at myself, I walked out of my room. I stopped in my track as I saw Hannah holding her infamous bat in her hands, threatening Alessandro as he looked at her with a neutral expression, holding Brooke in his arms.

"If you hurt her, I'll wack you with this so hard, you won't be able to recognise yourself in the mirror," She sneered, "too bad, you have a pretty face anyways."

Figuring that it was time to save Alessandro from my crazy overprotective best friend, I walked down the stairs as he looked up in my direction.

"Hello Kara." He said, giving me a smile, making my heart skip a beat. How does one word affect me so much?

"Hi Alessandro." I replied, clutching onto my purse tighter.

"Shall we head out?" Alessandro said as he placed his hand out for her to hold.