Chapter 12

Third person POV:

After Kara went back to her office, she started organising her new space. She unpacked several books and placed them on the shelves behind her, setting up her new laptop and going through her emails. Looking at the time, she got up and asked Russo which conference room the meeting was being held at. She started getting the room ready for the meeting, filling up glasses of water and placing them at each section. She placed her report gently on the table, making sure everything was in place before they came in. She needed to impress the boss after all.

As she sat on the chair at the back of the room, looking through the document once again, Russo entered the room with five other men following behind him. They settled themselves down, talking to each other in hushed tones.

"The boss must have gotten himself another secretary. A gorgeous one at that." One whispered.

"I bet he can't get any work done with this one walking around looking like that." Another said.

Kara clenched her fist in anger, her nails piercing her skin as she tried not to lash out at them. She kept her calm as she continued to flip through the document, mentally talking to herself to keep the demons at bay. The door opened again to her relief as Alessandro walked in. Instantly, the whispers all went silence. Alessandro walked in confidently, taking big strides to the head of the table as his body gave off a fierce and intimidating overtone.

"Ms Coleman, join us please." He said, disregarding them and gesturing for her to sit on his right.

All the men were shocked. Alessandro had never once invited anyone to partake in his meetings besides the parties involved. Little did they know, this meeting revolved around Kara herself.

As Kara stood up gracefully to join them at the table, the men raked their eyes over her curvy figure, their eyes filled with lust and want. This occurrence didn't go unnoticed by Alessandro as he glared at each one of them, letting out a deep growl.

"Ms Coleman, I seemed to have left my section of the report in my office. Would you please grab it for me?" He said gently to her, everyone looked away from her for a second.

"Sure. I'll be right back."

As Kara walked off, her hips swaying from side to side, the men in the room were enchanted by her lovely figure, their eyes following her retreating form as she left the room. Once Kara was out of sight, he growled loudly, slamming his hand on the table. The men in the room jumped out of fear and surprise, cowering in his presence.

"Ascolta attentamente signori..... un'altra occhiata a lei e perderai un occhio. Capire?" Alessandro said as they all nodded their heads quickly. (Listen carefully gentlemen, one more glance at her and you're going to lose an eye. Understand?)

Once Kara walked back into the room, all of the men had heeded his warning, not sparing a single glance at her as she handed him the document.

"Let's get started shall we?" I said, "Ms Coleman."

Kara stood up, taking over the meeting as Alessandro leaned back in his chair, observing her.

"Good morning gentlemen," She began, "Not many people are aware of this but the report in your very hands was complete by me. This very project is my first invention and I've called this meeting to hear the ideas that your team has in terms of promotion, manufacturing and dispersion of this product."

Kara was in her work mode as she placed her elbows on the table, leaning slightly forward, listening attentively to their ideas. Rebutting when necessary.

"No that won't work," she said, "by manufacturing it in that way, the companies will not break even within the first year, let alone the second year. There will be a 6 million deficit within the first 6 months of production. Next."