Chapter 8

Alessandro's POV:

Ever since Dante and I had left for London, we haven't had much of a break. We were up from dawn, going to meeting after meeting, trying to fit in as much as we could while we were here, only heading back to the hotel after midnight.

It was close to 3am when we finally got back to our hotel.

"Sto per cadere morto, fratello," Dante said tiredly, ripping the tie off his neck as we walked towards the elevator. (I'm about to drop dead brother.)

I grunted in response, equally as exhausted.

Dante could barely keep his head up as he slumped against the side of the elevator, leaning his full weight on the handlebar. Once the doors of the elevator opened, he didn't move. Don't tell me he fell asleep. There was no way I was going to carry his fatass to the room. I smacked him across the head, waking him up in a start.

"Buona notte, fratello. Riposati," I said, patting him on his cheek. (Goodnight brother. Get some rest.)

We headed to our separate rooms on the top floor. Once I reached my room, I stripped off all my clothes, disregarding the fact that I had left a trail behind as I crashed onto the bed, sinking into the soft silky sheets.

Despite my exhaustion, a certain woman waltzed into my mind. I wonder what she was up to today. It's been a while since I've heard her sweet and innocent voice. In the spur of the moment, I stood up from the bed, walking towards the glass windows, looking out at the peaceful city in front of me as I sent her a message.

My thumbs twiddled in anticipation, hoping that she would reply to me soon. It was 6 pm in Australia, she should reply soon. To my delight, my phone beeped.

Hello Alessandro. My day was really good, thank you for asking. I hope you are doing well in London.

- Kara

Reading her message wasn't enough to quench my thirst. I needed to hear her voice. Not being in the right mindset, my fingers unconsciously clicked the call button.

"H-hello?" I missed that voice of hers.

"Alessandro? Are you there?" She asked melodiously. I loved the way she said my name.

"Hello tesoro. I'm here." I answered, "how are you?"

"I'm good" She answered, "how are about you? Is London treating you well?"

"I'm good tesoro. Busy but good. The skyline at 3 am is actually quite serene really," I said, looking out at the view, wishing she was right here with me, "you should see it for yourself one day."

"3 am?!" she semi-yelled, "are you insane? You should be asleep."

I laughed, she had such mother instincts alright.

"I will tesoro." I chuckled, "how's Brooke doing?"

"She's doing alright. Actually she wanted to talk to you today," I raised my eyebrows in surprise, even though no one could see me.

"Brooke! Alessandro's on the phone if you want to talk to him." She yelled out as I heard her heavy footsteps getting louder.

"Hi Alessy."

"Hello piccolo," I chuckled, "how was your day?"

"Good! I got into the soccer team today," I didn't know she played soccer, especially at that age, "I'm going to be a great soccer p-play-er like mummy was."

Kara surprises me every day. I never knew she played soccer, let alone any sports in general. What can't she do?

"That's great piccolo. Maybe I can watch you play one day."