Chapter 18

Kara's POV:

I lifted myself from the silky soft sheets under me as my eyes adjusted to the light in the room. Where am I? This isn't my room. I uncovered the sheets from my body. Okay, I'm not naked, that's a good sign. My hands fiddled with the material of the oversized tee-shirt and sweatpants. Thinking back to the happenings of the previous night. Oh right, I must have fallen asleep in Alessandro's place.

When the thought actually registered in my mind, I had a mini-panic attack. I slept in Alessandro's house. I. SLEPT. IN. ALESSANDRO'S. HOUSE. Holding my head in my hands, I thought of the 101 ways that Hannah was going to kill me. I needed to call her right now. Hoping my clutch was on the bedside table, I turned around and thanked god it was right there.

Along with my clutch was a note. I picked it up, reading the note silently.

Dear Kara,

Hopefully you didn't panic when you woke up and had a good night's rest. There's a fresh set of clothes in the bathroom. Once you are ready, come down for breakfast.

- A

I set the note down, picking up my phone to see 34 messages from Hannah. Choosing not to hear her shrieking so early in the morning, I sent her a text instead. The room around me was so monotone, so boring. Everything was one colour, black. So typical for a man like Alessandro. I got up from bed, pulling the jaw strings of my sweatpants tightly and went into the bathroom.

Holy macaroni. I gasped.

His bathroom was mind blowing. The shower had multiple features, with ten different shower heads shooting out water at your command. The bathtub doubled as a hot spring that could easily fit five people comfortably. Everything there was sparkly clean, so organised, nothing was out of place.

Deciding not to keep him waiting for long, I opted for a shower instead of a bath, even though it was tempting to say the least. I hopped into the shower, making it a quick one before getting out. I wore the light pink pencil skirt and white blouse he had set on the counter, folding the ones I used that night neatly on his bed. Wait a minute. Who changed me?

I unconsciously covered my body with my hands, though no one was around, feeling slightly violated. How could he? He's so dead.

I grabbed my clutch from the bedside table and headed out of his room, looking for the kitchen. I heard voices around the corner and headed in that direction, hoping it would lead me to the right place. Bingo.

When I entered the kitchen I saw Alessandro in his classic black tie suit, sipping on his coffee while reading on his tablet. I let out a small cough to get his attention, causing him to look up.

"Good morning Kara," he said, giving me a warm smile, "come, have some breakfast."

"Morning." I replied.

As soon as I saw the spread set out in front of us, my mouth watered and my stomach grumbled in anticipation. A plate was set in front of me as I reached out for the fluffy stack of pancakes in front of me, topping them with a truckload of berries and maple syrup. Food was definitely a way to a woman's heart. Well, mine at least.

I sliced through the stack on my plate, moaning softly as the fluffy goodness melted into my mouth. Feeling eyes on me, I looked up, only to meet those mesmerising gloomy eyes of Alessandro's, seeming very interested in my eating habits.

"Hannah dropped off the clothes for you this morning," he said, changing the subject, gesturing to the clothes on my body.

"Oh."