Chapter 22

Kara's POV:

After we demolished the scrumptious dinner served to us by Rosa, our bellies were stuffed and satisfied. By we, I meant mostly Hannah and I. All Dante and Alessandro did was stare at us with their eyes and mouths wide open as we filled up plate after plate. What can I say, Hannah and I weren't shy at all when it came to eating. Food is definitely a way to our hearts. You would have a higher chance of us accepting a proposal with a gigantic stack of pancakes than with measly diamonds. It's a fact.

We offered to help Rosa with the dishes but was sent away, with her telling us to enjoy ourselves and rest up with the boys. We listened to her like we would to our own mums as we moved away from the dinning room and into the movie room where Dante suggested we rest up until our food babies disappeared.

Since we had Brooke with us, all of the movies Dante suggested were thrown out the window. We had to stick to PG movies after all. Dante pouted, whining at Alessandro, causing him to be shoved away.

"Mummy, mummy," Brooke whined as she held our two movies, "Little mermaid or Mulan?"

"Hmm," I pondered while Dante was at the back screaming repeatedly "LITTLE MERMAID!"

"Hmm, why don't we pick little mermaid then, since someone is dying to see it," I whispered to Brooke as she giggled, agreeing with me.

"Okay uncle Dan, this one," she said as she held it out to him. Dante mirrored her happiness as he lifted her up in the air, giving her kisses all over her face.

While Dante and Brooke set up the movie, the rest of us were tasked with making the area as cozy as possible. Alessandro shifted the bean bags from the corner to the centre of the room, covering them with lots of blankets, comforters and pillows. Hannah and I were way too bloated to even move an inch as we stayed on the ground, cradling our bellies in our arms.

Once the movie started playing, Brooke plopped herself in the centre, looking intently at the screen, totally immersed in the show. Seeing as Hannah and I weren't planning on moving anytime soon, Alessandro and Dante lifted us up bridal style and moved us to the squishy chairs.

"Thank you," I whispered to Alessandro as he draped a fleece blanket over me and tossing a couple to Dante on the other side.

Alessandro kissed my forehead in return as he got up to place a blanket around Brooke's shoulder, careful not to distract her from the movie. He came back to his original position and placed his arm under my head for support.

Being so close in his embrace, I could feel the warmth radiating off his body. Perfect, my own personal heater. I was always freezing cold anyways. I snuggled closer to the warmth, enjoying the company and his actions. I placed my head onto his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heart beat. Right in that moment, I was happy. Truly happy, nothing could beat it.

As the movie progressed, it got to Brooke's favourite part as she hopped up from her seat, yelling, "Mummy! Mummy!", pointing to the screen. All of us sang along as the crab, Sebastian, began singing out:

"Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me
Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devotin'
Full time to floatin'
Under the sea"

Once the movie ended, Brooke clapped loudly with Dante joining her. Alessandro pressed the buttons on the remote as the screen rolled back up and the projector reclined back into its case. The lights turned back on abruptly as we groaned. I shielded my eyes from the light, turning my head further into Alessandro's chest.

"Sorry," Alessandro said, dimming the lights slightly to suit our eyes.

Brooke crawled to my side, squeezing herself in between Alessandro and I, joining into the cuddle. Alessandro gave her a kiss on her forehead, her cheeks and her nose as she giggled in delight.