Chapter 14

Kara's POV:

I looked out the window, staring at the white fluffy clouds as they hovered over the earth, acting as a shield from the rest of the galaxy. Being so high up in the sky, really makes a person reconsider their life decisions. Up in the abyss, no one has any control of their life, not even the pilots themselves. Anything could go wrong and we wouldn't be able to do anything about it, except pray. At this time, we would be closest to God anyways, right at the edge of the gates of heaven.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Dante asked causally as he looked up from the contract he was preparing.

"mhmm," I said, my eyes still hooked on the view. Wait a minute, speaking of contracts.

I whipped my head back to him, "You were the one who screwed me over with the contract isn't it?"

"Guilty," he admitted, smirking at me.

I gave him a deathly glare, tracing my finger over my neck, indicating my intent. He placed his hands in mock surrender, laughing at my attempt.

Dante was most definitely the joker of the pair, he kept Alessandro from being too consumed by work and I could tell how much he meant to Alessandro. They were brothers, through and through. His personality was extremely similar to Hannah's, making the urge to meddle in their love lives even attractive. She needed someone in her life. All the men she ever went out went were never close to being good enough, they were either douchebags or jerks. Her relationships never really lasted for more than a month.

As Dante got back to work, his facial expression completely changed as he dawned on his glasses, focusing on the contract once again. I had yet to see Dante Valentino in his professional mode, but it was a sight to see alright. He looked stern, focused and seemed to know exactly what he was doing as his hands moved as fast as the wind, typing up a storm. I think he would be good for her.

"Alessandro's getting jealous," Dante said, not looking up as I blushed, slightly embarrassed by my bold gaze at him.

I looked to my right and he was right. Alessandro was staring right back at me, those dark orbs piercing right into my eyes. He gestured for me to come towards him with his finger, his other hand still holding onto Brooke as she slept soundly on him.

I gave into his request as I sat next to him, stroking my daughter's hair gently.

"When we get to Singapore, Dante and I have a meeting right away so you and Brooke will be sent to the hotel first and we'll meet up with you later." He stated in a hushed tone.

I nodded my head.

"Don't worry about us. I know my way around anyways."

He raised his eyebrows in surprise, urging me to explain.

"I lived in Singapore till I was about twelve years old," I said, "My parents were working there."

He nodded his head in understanding, going back to working on his laptop.

All my childhood memories were mostly spent in Singapore. Nursery, kindergarten, primary school, secondary school. I remember really detesting my time in school there since everything was so strict, so rigid. The piles of schoolwork that each teacher gave were insane, on top of that we had compulsory sports and volunteering activities that needed to be completed. However, once I left Singapore, I realised how much these activities had shaped me into the person I became today; it taught me time management, resource allocation and so much more.

Over the years, I went back a couple of times, to see my friends that I missed dearly. By the time all of us went to university, we were all over the world; Australia, The United States, London, etc. You name it and I probably had a friend who went there. It had been a while since I've been back, but I am so excited to taste the delicious food again. It was heavenly, to die for.