Chapter 11

Kara's POV:

I stood in front of the kitchen island, preparing some toast with eggs for Hannah, Brooke and I. Hannah should be coming home soon since she had a night shift at the hospital last night. I don't know how she does it. I can barely keep myself awake during the day.

I plated the toast and eggs on our separate plates before walking towards the espresso machine, getting a double shot for Hannah and a latte for myself. I went to the fridge grabbing the juice out for Brooke and some milk and cream for our coffees.

"Good morning chica," Hannah grunted as she walked into the house, barely reaching the couch as she flopped onto it.

"Morning Hannah," I replied, continuing with my work, "I take it you had a rough night."

"Don't even get me started."

As the Arabian coffee beans brewed, the whiff was heavenly, instantly, possessing Hannah as she stood up abruptly, following the scent of fresh coffee into the kitchen, bumping into me in the process.

"Hannah! HOT PAN!" I shouted, although I was too late.

"Holy motherfucking....." she belted out, including the random words, "idiot", "Dante", "hate him".

I couldn't help but snicker at her. So that was why she was all grumpy. Not being discrete enough, she whipped her head to face me, glaring daggers at me.

"What's so funny?"

"I didn't know a guy could ruffle up your feathers as much as he has," I said teasingly.

"Nonsense." She dismissed with her hand, grabbing her coffee and settled herself onto one of the bar stools.

"Whatever you say grumpy pot."

She glared at me as she drank her coffee with me smirking at her. Not long after, Brooke came down the stairs, dressed in a dark blue long sleeve cotton shirt with a white overall dress on top.

 Not long after, Brooke came down the stairs, dressed in a dark blue long sleeve cotton shirt with a white overall dress on top

"Morning mummy," She said, I leaned down as she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning little one."

She did the same to the grumpy pot on the bar stool, instantly uplifting her spirits as Hannah ruffled her hair, picking her up and seating her in her baby chair.

I served up breakfast, putting a plate in Brooke as she toyed with Hannah's hair, making Hannah wince in pain.

"Thank you mummy." She said sweetly.

"Your welcome little one," I said, "don't pull Aunt Han's hair too hard. Someone's given her a rough time already."

"Do you have a boyfriend aunt Han Han?" Brooke asked innocently. Hannah and I were shocked by her question. We're never really had this conversation before.

"No sweet pea, where did you hear that word from?" Hannah asked, curiously.

"Oh I heard Uncle Stef talking about it," She explained, "he told me, he will never let me get a boyfriend till I'm old and grey."