Chapter 19

Third person POV:

Kara and Hannah were busy finalising the banner for the little league match later that day while Brooke was in her room, prepping herself for the first match of the season. As Kara had just finished painting her daughter's number, 12, on the banner, Brooke called her.

Kara went up to Brooke's room only to gasp at the state of her room. It was an utter mess. Her bed was not made, her sheets falling off the bed, her clothes scattered on the ground.

"Brooklyn Coleman," she said sternly, "didn't I tell you to clean your room yesterday?"

"Yes mummy, but-" she pouted.

"No buts young lady. Your room better be sparkling clean before we leave for the match." Brooke hung her head low, in a defeated stance.

Seeing her daughter in such a mess, she patted the spot on her bed, getting her to sit down. Kara grabbed the comb from her dresser, combing through the knots in her hair.

"I know you're nervous for today little one," Kara whispered, "remember, breathe in and out slowly and zone in on the moment."

Brooke nodded her head as Kara continued to tie up her hair in a double french braid, making sure that it was secure enough. After she was done, Hannah came into the room with some healthy snacks.

"Holy moley," Hannah gasped in disbelief, "it looks like a volcano erupted in here."

Brooke and I giggled as the three of us sat on the floor, snacking on some food and helping Brooke clean up her room a little bit.

"Little one, you better start getting dressed. We have to leave in 30 minutes."

Brooke went into her bathroom to change into her jersey and sports gear before packing up her gym bag and heading down the stairs. Kara and Hannah were busy in the kitchen, getting ready some recovery food for the team after the match as well as some refreshments. Soccer mum duties as per usual.

"Mummy, is Alessy coming today?" Brooke asked, holding her hands together in hope.

"He should be coming little one." Kara replied as her daughter screamed "YES" in happiness.

Kara smiled at her little girl who was jumping in happiness, dancing around the living room. As she continued to slice up the fruits in front of her, she couldn't help but continue to grin as the image of their heated moment from the other day came to mind.

"Thinking about your prince charming aren't you?" Hannah smirked as Kara looked up, shaking herself from her thoughts.

"N-no," she denied, yet the blush on her cheeks gave everything away.

"Yea yea whatever you say chica."

Kara shoved Hannah in a teasing manner as they laughed together, getting back to packing up the food and drinks, placing them in cooler bags.

"Brooke, are you ready?" Hannah asked as Kara was loading up the car with all the necessities.

"Coming," Brooke bounced down the stairs as Hannah ruffled up her head.

"You're going to do great squirt," Hannah assured as they locked up the house and got into the car.

-------

Once we reached the field, Brooke dashed off to her teammates, joining their chatter. Ever since the first training, the girls who stayed after and congratulated Brooke on her skills became the group of friends she constantly hung out with. Kara was so elated to see her daughter making friends and fitting into society even though most of the girls were a couple years older than her.