Chapter 15

Kara's POV:

My eyes fluttered open as they adjusted to the light in the room. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, feeling something heavy weighing down on my stomach as I turned my head to the side. I gasped. When did Alessandro get here?

Alessandro looked so peaceful with his eyes closed, his arms swung across Brooke and I, keeping us in a protective hold. I couldn't help but smile by his gesture, my heart swelling in my chest. As I continued to stare at his figure, my finger unconsciously reached out, moving a strand of hair that covered his eyes away from his face. My fingers gently weaving through his hair.

"Take a picture," He said, with his eyes closed, making me jump in fright, removing my hand instantly, "it'll last longer."

His eyes fluttered open as I blushed profusely, staring into each others eyes. Thank goodness Brooke decided wake up right at that very second, saving me from embarrassment. God bless my child.

"Mummy?" She asked, reaching out for me.

"Yes little one," I answered, scooping her into my arms, kissing her head.

I continued to rub her back, humming sweetly to lure her back to sleep. Alessandro moved into a sitting position, leaning against the headboard, deep in thought. He looked at Brooke in my arms, an unknown emotion swirling in his eyes. He leaned down to Brooke, kissing her on her forehead. This man wants to kill me alright. My heart was about to burst.

"I'm going to take a shower," he said, getting up from bed.

As he got up, I noticed he was shirtless, with his dress pants hanging low on his hips. With his back turned against me, my eyes roamed his muscular form greedily. His shoulders were broad and firm, his muscles flexing as he moved, making my eyes dilate. He had the perfect Dorito shape, not too ripped yet he seemed to have been sculpted from the Gods themselves. My body started heating up, I let out a much needed breath as he disappeared from my vision into the bathroom.

"Get it together Kara," I mumbled to myself, "he's your business partner."

"You like him mummy," Brooke said cheekily, sitting up from my lap.

My eyes widened. I've been caught, by a three year old at that. Lord have mercy.

"N-no, I do not," I denied.

"Yes you do mummy," she continued in a high sing-song voice, not giving up.

"Do me a favour and stay three years old okay," I stated. She knew way too much for a toddler.

"Okay." She giggled as she jumped off the bed and ran off into the other bathroom which was adjacent to the one Alessandro was in.

Once she left, I flopped back onto the pillow face flat. My daughter was way too smart for her own good. I laid back down for a while, just relaxing, relishing in the peace and quiet I had. Over the past few years, my life has been really hectic and I haven't really spent quality time by myself. I've always had something to focus on, to stress over.

Brooke was taking a little long in the bathroom, I thought. I better go check on her. As I removed the covers over my head, getting up from bed and heading towards the bathroom. Not paying attention to where I was going, I bumped into a large figure. A strong arm snaked around my back, steadying me as I regained my balance.

My hands automatically placed themselves on his slightly damp chest, still looking down as I tried to catch my breath. The only thing that was in my vision was a towel that was tightly wrapped around his waist. Mighty mighty Lord. My eyes trailed up from his waist, his entire torso on display. He was definitely toned, not a flab in sight. From his defined v-line to his six pack right up to his perfectly sculpted arms.