33

The clock ahead of her read 3:20AM, it was the only light in the room

Cressida was asleep in the empty bed while she sat at the kitchen table resting her head in her hands with a cold cup of tea infront of her.

Earlier that day Obiwan and Anakin had been sent on a mission, she didnt realise how few people she knew at the temple.

As she sighed once more she saw the bedroom door open amd watched as Cressida stumbled about trying to stand up.

Turning the light in using the force Valda saw how the little Togruta looked around before making her way over to Valda.

Picking the baby up she sat Cressida on the table and watched how she had a look of confusion on her face before touching Valdas face "whats wrong?" Valda asked in a hoarse voice.

"Daa" Cressida cooed at Valda while looking around the room.

"He isnt here right now love. He will be back soon okay. Cressida, im sorry about all thats happening, i never wanted to take you from your family, i never wanted for this to happen, as much as i love you like my own i know your not. But me and your father will take as much care of you as possible, we might not always be here but i promise we try our hardest" she spoke before her voice cracked.

"Ma" Cressida said before hugging Valdas neck and placing her head on the older womans shoulder.

Smiling to herself Valda gently hugged Cressida back before seieng her com link light up.

Looking at it she saw the name Padme Amidala glowing gently in the yellow tinted room.

Valda, i know now may not be the best time but i need to speak with you. About Anakin, if your able to make it to Naboo ill explain more, if not, dont worry about it- Padme.

Clicking it off Valda got up and slipped her boots on "come on Cressida, were gonna go see someone" she smiled pulling Obiwans hood over her head.

As Cressida hopped down of the table she ran slightly and grabbed onto Valdas hand before the two left the room.

As they were walking down the halls she saw Master Windu doing a patrol.

"Abit early isnt it?" He asked Valda.

"Senator Amidala sent me a message, she demaded to see me instantly" she briefed.

"And your taking the child with you?" He asked crossing his arms.

"I dont want to leave her alone and i dont want to bother my father, besides, if i can get her used to travelling at a young age it will make it easier later on, dont you think?" She asked before seeing him nod.

"Becareful and may the force be with you" he bowed.

"And may if be with you aswell" she bowed back before the two carried on towards the hanger.