-17-

"Hey" I said as Jade came into my house for the fourth time today. She's been looking after me all week and she really doesn't have to. I mean it's not like I don't like her caring about me , because I do. I love it actually, she always brings food. She insists I shouldn't be allowed back at school for another week because I could still be wounded but I don't buy it. I think she's just trying to be there as much as possible to prevent something bad happening to me ,which is sweet, but also annoying. You never know when the door is gonna open nowadays and I enjoy her company, but she's just too caring. That doesn't sound like Jade West, I know, but it seems I have brought out another side of her. Now she can't stand for me to go out of her sight. But that's most annoying that when this is all over, she's gonna go back to being mean to me at school and I don't know if I can deal with that. Us being friends is probably the best thing in my life at the moment, and I don't want to be frenemies again. Why haven't I talked about this to her? Well because if you know Jade West like I do, you will know that she will turn the conversation into an argument and she'll end up leaving me. Maybe I'm being too paranoid? Maybe she will understand? Ugh! I'm an actual mess at the moment. I'm supposed to be relaxing, not focusing on what the future will hold. Right now, I need to focus on me and my health. I will not think about Jade. I repeat, I will not think about Jade..

I spent the whole night worrying about Jade! Yesterday she came around and did her usual routine, checked on me, gave me sweets, made me a cup of tea, washed up and was just being really sweet. She's coming around today, so I'm gonna tell her then. I sighed and picked up the homephone which was vibrating so I assumed someone was calling. "L/n Residence, how may I help you?" I asked. "I need to talk to Evie" a dark voice asked. "Evie isn't here right now. She's in the hospital. Who are you?" I asked. "Tell her Justin called , bye" he ended the call. "Justin? What the hell?" I asked. "Well whatever. Looks like I'm going to the hospital" I said, picking up my phone and texting Jade.

Me: Hey have to go to hospital to see Evie so I won't be home till about 4 :P

"That should do it" I said. There was a sudden knock at the door so I went to open it. "Yes?" I asked. "Oh hello there. I'm from Vodafone , we're doing a service for checking phones for bugs" a service man said. "Oh really? That's so nice of you! What's it for?" I asked. "It's for raising awareness about cancer" the service man said. "Oh okay, well here you go" I said, giving him the phone I was holding. "Thanks " he said and started doing something to the phone. "Here you go, That should prevent it from any bugs" the man said as he stuck something into the phone and gave it back to me. "Thank you!" I smiled and closed the door as he walked away. I laughed silently at what I had done.