2

When I come to, I am unable to move. I don't know where I am, until I open my eyes and look around. All around me is darkness, but I can see the gray outlines of things here and there. I am stuck inside the literal belly of the beast.

Only, in this case, the beast is my now-ex boyfriend.

And I was literally eaten alive. Yep, that's right, ladies and gentlemen. I, Eliza Queen, was eaten by my boyfriend. Who also was a shapeshifting demon. But yeah, I guess you knew that already.

It's just hard coming to terms with it.

I wiggle around as much as I can, and wonder how the hell I am still alive. But then, maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm some version of alive, something like a stasis between the reality I knew, and one I don't.

I wish I knew what is happening on the outside.

Then, a voice drifts out of the black and gray world. A woman's voice, calling to me.

"Hey, are you new here?" she asks.

"Gee, how'd you guess?" I ask.

"I haven't sensed you before, that's why," she says. "The name is Alexandra. What name was he using?"

"You mean David?"

She laughs. "He was Jon for me."

"Lukas for me."

"Philip."

"Andrew."

"Jonas."

"Benjamin."

I look around, but I don't see any of these women. There are six of them, apparently, but I don't know what they look like or where they are.

"How many of us are there?" I ask.

"Too many," says one.

"You're the eleventh."

I would smack my forehead if I could. But as is, I think I'm sinking into something warm and wet. I struggle against it, but as I do, I sink faster.

"Uh, I'm sinking!"

"We all are. Welcome to hell, my new friend. Population; Us."