19

I wake up early the next day so I can begin work on my summoning spell. I'm going to need a variety of things from local businesses. For the most part, I need to get Amabone Root, Rikka fruit, salt, black salt, and a stick of sage. I hope that is all I will need, aside from the rocks, or course. Can't have a proper summoning spell without the proper rocks, you know?

So I head out, first going to Spencer's in the mall for the sage, black salt, and salt. Humans don't know the power that salt has. They've no clue.

The fruit and root is harder to come by. They don't technically exist on this plane of existence, they've been smuggled over the underworld black markets and then brought to the humans world very slowly and over time. I don't know how long it has been since I last summoned something.

It wasn't too long after I got back from David's stomach that I began to openly practice my craft. Now, I'm basically a full-blown witch.

Well, aside from the little known fact that I am a demon.

I sigh and shake my head to try and clear it as I stand in line to one of the clubs where fellow demons lurk. The looks men and some women are giving me is truly vile. And to think, that if anyone knew what lurks beneath my skin, they wouldn't be even thinking of looking at me that way.

The line moves forward, and I look at the bouncer. He stares down at me, looking at me like I'm a piece of meat. Which, to him, I guess I must be.

Disgusting. And they think I am appalling.

"What do you want, little girl?" he sneers.

The kids behind me snicker. I roll my eyes.

"I am one who has seen the truth and been offered only lies."

The man stills. He knows the password for demons. To do business in the human world, demons needed to make hidden locations above ground (for the most part, that is) and so, to do that, they implemented the password rule for most of their locations. They give the bouncer the word and tell him to let anyone who says it through to them, and then the transaction is done.

I'm here for Melisande La Sande. The Demon Queen..

"Welcome home," the guard says, and I am welcomed into the back of the bar.