Eyes off you

Namjoon's POV

As the evening passed Jin got over his awkwardness and was happily conversing with Byun, I never knew they would get along so well and grow fond of each other.

"So Jin where were you working earlier?" Byun asked as he took another serving of the delicious food Jin had made.

"Umh, I worked in a diner but the owners shifted back to their hometown so currently I am jobless, well practically not since I am working for Namjoon," Jin answered sheepishly.

"Oh, but Namjoon was talking about you opening a dream restaurant you even bought a building, right?" Byun asked.

"Yes, I did but I need to save money for it that is why I am still looking for jobs so that I can get extra money, save it up and fulfil my dream soon," Jin said smiling.

"Well would you mind if I offer you one?" Byun asked nervously.

"w-what? I-I D-didn't get Y-you," Jin said stuttering.

I placed my hand on top of Jin's and caressed it softly trying to calm him down.

"What do you mean byun?" I asked

"Uh, Namjoon I won't lie but I am a fan of Jin's cooking and honestly, I was thinking about working with him. So, you know right we have our own cafeteria in SBS and our head cook and nutritionist both left recently, since Jin told me he has a major in culinary art and food nutrition so I guess it's the best of both worlds for us. Besides his food is delicious so everybody at work will love it, so Jin would you like to Join us?" Byun asked hopefully.

"Are you really giving me a job?" Jin asked stupefied.

"Yes, I am serious, so is it a yes or no?" Byun asked.

He looked at me and I could see his eyes getting teary, I knew how much this opportunity meant to him , this would help him in his path for his dreams ,so I smiled back at him, as if reassuring him with my eyes that he should go for it.

"Yes, yes of course I would love to, thank you so much Byun this means a lot to me," Jin said through tears.

"No Jin thank you, I can't wait to taste your delicious food daily, so tomorrow you can come to our office and we can discuss the legalities of your job," Byun asked.

As Jin looked at me with tears of happiness it felt as if a new wave of happiness was on its way to us.

Jin's POV

Excitement surged through me as Namjoon and I escorted Byun to the door and wished him goodnight.

"N-namjoon I cannot believe this , I got a job like , I mean , I-I have no words , do you know SBS will be such a huge opportunity cooking for so many people everybody will get a taste of my food ,the recipes my appa taught me, my Oemma taught me , this is like a first step towards my dream restaurant, this will give me a real experience of owning a restaurant," I said with excitement.

"Yes, Love I am so happy for you, I believe you baby, I know you will make everyone swoon over your dishes," Namjoon said smiling.

"I am going to call Oemma and give her this news," I said as I rushed to the kitchen to get my phone.

"Jin, how have you been baby," Oemma's melodious voice made me smile.

"Your baby is fantastic Oemma and he has news to give you, I got a new job, I will be working as the head chef and nutritionist for the SBS cafeteria," I said excitedly.

"Oh my god are you serious? Really you will be working with SBS like their cafeteria will be handled by you, my son will be feeding all the employees with his delicacies this is huge, I am so proud of you," Oemma beamed.

"Yes, Oemma its your support and blessings that has been helping me through it all," I proudly spoke.

"It's all your hard work baby, you have always been so diligent I knew good things will surely come your way," Oemma said, "Baby are you visiting Jeju for your birthday? Its been so long since you have come home and way too long since we celebrated your birthday together," Oemma said with hope glistening in her voice.

"Of course, I am coming home I miss you too and it really has been long since we celebrated my birthday together and Sunghoon is there to I miss that jerk a lot," I said smiling.

"I will be waiting for you and it's about time I meet Namjoon too," Oemma teased me, "don't you think I should meet him now I need to have some mom and son's boyfriend talks with him," Oemma said smiling.

"Yes, you shall meet him soon, I will ask him if he can accompany me for the trip," I spoke.

Two weeks later

Namjoon's POV

It was a breath of fresh air as I stepped out of the car and stood in front of Jin's humble abode. Jeju had a beauty that was unparalleled to the bustling streets of Seoul and with all the stress that had been occupying my mind I desperately needed this break, besides if this was the birthday gift Jin wanted then this was it.

"Namjoon let's go," Jin said holding my hand.

We walked up to the entrance of his beautiful little house; it was refreshing even though we had not entered yet I could feel the positivity radiate in the air around.

As the door opened, I saw a beautiful woman standing in front of us she had the same plump lips, those dark brown orbs, soft skin and the same mesmerising smile and that's when I realised Jin was a splitting image of this beautiful woman that stood in front of me, as I stood there lost in thoughts a shrill cry brought me out of my reverie as Jin rushed towards Mrs. Kim and engulfed her in a bone crushing hug.

"I missed you so much Oemma, oh my god you still look the same, Oemma are you ever going to age? I missed you so much," Jin spoke swaying while hugging his mother.

"Oh my god Jin stop I am old now, the way you are hugging me I will end up getting crushed," Mrs Kim spoke trying her best to get out of Jin's embrace.

"Sorry I just missed you way too much," Jin sheepishly spoke.

She turned to look towards me and smiled extending her hand for me to take,

"Hello Namjoon I am Soohee," she smiled at me.

"Hello ma'am, it's a pleasure to meet you, thank you for inviting me," I shyly spoke.

"Come in it's already late you both must be tired and hungry," with that Mrs. Kim ushered us inside.

Oemma I am so excited for tomorrow you, me, Namjoon and Sunghoon, I can already feel this will be the best birthday ever, Jin spoke excitedly.

I looked at Jin and smiled I just couldn't take my eyes off him as we walked inside, his face radiated the pure happiness he felt at the moment and I couldn't wait for the little birthday party we would be having tomorrow, maybe this is what home felt like, I thought as I smiled and walked inside.

A/N: I am Sorry for the really long chapter but I hope you enjoy it. Please stay safe everyone and I purple you all.