Hold Me Tight

Namjoon's POV

Jin's family house was what you call "HOME", the warmth this house was radiating was so calming that I almost lost myself in the pleasant feeling until Mrs. Kim walked up to me with two cups of tea.

"Am I disturbing something" she asked in her sweet voice.

"No ma'am not at all," I answered moving aside to make place for her to sit on the sofa.

"You seemed to be lost in thoughts so I asked," she smiled again and her smile reminded me so much of Seokjin's.

"No ma'am I was just admiring the beauty of your house, I feel so much better ever since i have entered, it has this calming effect on your heart and mind, I absolutely love it here," I answered smiling.

"I am glad you do Namjoon and please don't call me ma'am you can call me Soohee or Aunt Soohee whatever suits you," she smiled, "here have some hot tea , Jin will be taking a long shower so I wanted to have a conversation with you about your and Jin's relationship," she said.

I stiffened a bit but smiled nodding at her.

"Namjoon I am very thankful that you love my son, I can see it in your eyes the genuine love and affection you have for him and it warms my heart. Jin has always been the light of our lives , he had always been shy and reserved since childhood but his father and I we always tried our best to make him open up to reduce his anxiety, I don't know if he has told this to you yet but Jin has Social anxiety and panic disorder ,"she calmly said with a sad smile.

I was taken aback I remember Jin and I had a conversation over his anxiety and he told me the reason behind it but I never knew he was diagnosed with this condition , I blinked multiple times trying to comprehend the situation and finally looked at Aunt Soohee , "I am sorry I did not know this, I knew he had anxiety issues we even spoke over it ,he told me about his childhood and his coming out during school but he didn't tell me about this," I spoke with confusion.

"It's alright namjoon ," Aunt Soohee said rubbing my back gently , "I can understand why you are so surprised, the fact that he opened up so much to you means a lot ,he doesn't trust people easily so him telling you an important part of his past is a proof of his trust in you," she smiled at me. "He was actually diagnosed with this condition during the same time, when the bullying increased in school, we even spoke to the school authorities regarding it but not much heed was paid to our complaints, you see people didn't like Hyun and I much ,we seemed to be too forbearing for the people of our town. That is the reason why we decided to take the help of medicine for Seokjin, he stopped taking the medicine once he started college because he wasn't suffering severe panic attacks as frequently as he did earlier. College was a breather for him and Sunghoon was there with him to so things started getting better. He was very close to Hyun, his father, his death affected him a lot his anxiety increased a lot after that but somehow, I helped him calm down. I am not telling you all this for you to sympathise with him , I just want you to be with him and love him , I know sometimes its hard to understand him but he is still the same kind and innocent Seokjin just things have been hard for him, I don't say this much to him but I really get worried for him. It breaks my heart to see him cry and I know he doesn't show it but he has a lot in his mind," she said and I could see her tearing up, I held her hands and pressed them tightly in a comforting way.

"He always smiles, cracks jokes and tries his best to bring a smile on everyone's face always but deep down he hides, he hides a lot Namjoon, he does not like to show his emotions , he feels he will burden others with his thoughts and that is why he keeps things to himself. He lives in his mind, afraid to speak the chaos that bothers him, he hides it all behind his smile but his eyes, they will never lie, trust me when I say this, his eyes will never lie to you son. I don't know why but when I looked at you, your eyes and the way you looked at Jin, it made me realise you really love my son, please don't break his heart, please take care of him that is all I ask from you," She had tears streaming down her cheeks by now.