3

Demi's POV

The next day we woke up and cuddled with the kids in bed for awhile before we decided to go downstairs and make breakfast. Max then left around 11:30 am to go pick up his grandma and brother from the airport while I stayed back with the kids since they were napping. Max got back around an hour later with them and we all hung out and caught up until the kids woke up from their naps. We brought them down and Zara was really excited to see Max's grandma which I though was cute. It's now evening and Max's parents are now over and we're all hanging out in the living room.

"When's the last time you two did something together?" Max's grandma randomly asks as Max and I sit cuddled up on the couch.

"Not in awhile. We kind of just been focusing on the kids and work. We try to go out to dinner at least every once in awhile though." Max answers and I nod agreeing.

"You two need to go do something! Spend a weekend together at least!" Rhonda says and I smile slightly.

"We're just so busy lately and then when we do get time off, we want to spend it with the kids." I say.

"Why don't you two go away for a weekend and I can watch the kids with Bruce. I'm sure Dianna wouldn't mind helping either." Rhonda says.

"We wouldn't want to leave the kids with you guys for that long." Max says and I nod.

"You've done it before! Come on, you guys deserve a break! Why don't you guys go somewhere this weekend before Max leaves for New York." Rhonda says and I look over at Max to try and see what he's thinking. Spending the weekend with just him does sound nice.

"We haven't done that since you proposed. It sounds nice." I say and Max looks down at me with a smile.

"You gonna be okay without the kids for a couple of days. You went crazy when we left them for your birthday." He says chuckling and I let out a giggle myself.

"I'm a mom. I'm supposed to go crazy without seeing my babies after a day." I answer.

"So is that a yes? Or?" We hear Rhonda ask.

"You know what, that sounds fun. I'll plan the weekend getaway. It'll be a surprise." I say wiggling my brows back towards Max and he slightly rolls his eyes with a smile.

"Why can't I know?" He asks groaning and I laugh.

"You always do big surprises for me baby. It's time for me to do the same for you." I say sitting up and picking up Zara when she walks over to me wanting to cuddle.

"Alright fine. A weekend getaway sounds fun." Max says and I smile and lean back into his arms with Zara laying against my chest as I rub her back up and down.

"Good! You two deserve time alone. Maybe then you'll start working on my next grand baby." Rhonda says and I blush and hide my head in the crook of Max's neck as he chuckles.

"I don't think we're gonna have another one for awhile mom." Max answers as he caresses my hip up and down and I smile at the fact that he didn't completely object to the idea of having more kids. We actually haven't had that conversation yet, if we want more kids or not, but I know I do. Soon Rhonda, myself and Max's grandma go to the kitchen to make dinner while the guys stay in the living room with Zara and Ezra. After dinner, everyone decides to leave so Max and I can get the kids ready for bed. We give them both a bath together then we put them to bed. They were both pretty exhausted since neither one of them got good naps today, so they went straight to sleep. Max and I then go to the living room and watch a movie together before going upstairs to go to bed.

The next couple days were pretty chaotic to say the least. On Wednesday, both the kids decided to be really grumpy all day which was frustrating at times. They both fought their naps, but eventually we got Ezra to fall asleep. However, Zara just cried and cried and we gave up and took her out of her crib after almost an hour. Zara was the grumpiest the rest of the day, because she didn't get a nap so when bed time came, Max and I were both praying that they would just go to sleep without a fight. Luckily they both did, and I walked out of Ezra's room after he finally fell asleep and I walked downstairs to see Max already in the kitchen starting to pull out stuff to start cooking for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner. I walk up to Max and wrap my arms around him from behind.