6

Demi's POV

The next day, Max and I woke up around 10:30 am and we made breakfast before getting ready to go out on the lake. After we were done getting ready we quickly called the kids while Lyndan got the boat ready at the dock. After we said bye to the kids, we went downstairs so I can pack us something to all eat later while Max puts on his shoes.

"Baby!" Max shouts.

"What's up?" I ask as he walks in the kitchen holding fishing poles and I raise my brows.

"We're going fishing on the lake." He says and I chuckle.

"That was pretty demanding." I say walking around the counter and towards him.

"Cause I know you're going to put up a fight and say 'no baby, I don't know how. I'm gonna look ridiculous.' So I'm not giving you an option." He says mocking me and finishing off with a smile as I roll my eyes.

"I don't sound like that." I say crossing my arms and he chuckles.

"That's still what you were going to say. Wasn't it?" He asks and I go to say something snarky, but realize that he was right. "Exactly." He says after a minute or so and I roll my eyes.

"Ugh.. I haven't been fishing since I was like five and I sucked then, so I still probably do." I say pouting and he chuckles and leans the poles against the wall before placing his one hand on my cheek and the other on my waist as he pulls me closer to him.

"I'll teach you." He says kissing my forehead.

"Says the one who peed their pants when they first caught a fish." I say referencing to the story Matt told me when I first met his family in person and was looking through all his baby pictures.

"Ha ha. Real funny." He says sarcastically and I giggle and lean up to peck his lips.

"Fine. We can do whatever you want." I say and he smiles in victory and I chuckle at his excitement.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get everything out to the boat." He says and I smile and caress his cheek before kissing him once more as he leaves the kitchen with the poles while I finish packing food. About twenty minutes later, I finish packing everything in a small lunch box cooler and I make sure I have everything before I walk out of the cabin and walk all the way down to the lake and to the dock. Once I get close enough, Max notices me and he reaches a hand out for me to grab as he helps me on the boat.

"You ready baby?" He asks me and I nod.

"Yup, did you guys get everything ready?" I ask and Max nods.

"Yeah, we're all set." He says sitting down on the seat on the boat and bringing me down on his lap by my waist. I smile and drape one arm around his shoulders while his arms are both securely wrapped around my waist. Lyndan soon starts driving the boat, but luckily the steering wheel is on the opposite side of where Max and I are sitting and is blocked by an entrance that leads inside the boat.

"We need to come back here with the kids. They would love it." I say looking out at the water and I feel Max nod against me.

"Agreed. Maybe we can make it a traditional thing. Instead of just renting a cabin every time, why don't we buy one and come up here a couple times a year. I want a place where we can all get away with no distractions." Max says and I smile big loving that idea.

"I love that, lets do it!" I say excitedly and turning to face Max and he smiles and leans up to kiss me. I run my fingers through his hair as we continue to kiss slowly but passionately.

"You know, if Lyndan wasn't here.. I would totally be making love to you right now." Max says after a few minutes of kissing and we finally pull away. I smile and moan slightly as he starts kissing down my jaw and my neck.