Epilouge

Demi's POV

After our wedding, Max and I spent the night in a hotel showing each other just how much we love one another for hours on end. The next morning, we said goodbye to the kids who stayed in my parents room the previous night and then we got on a plane to head to our honeymoon. Max has yet to tell me where we're spending it though, and I tried every tactic to get him to spill, but he would not give in. And I mean I tried EVERYTHING. Hours later, we landed and as we got out of the plane I instantly knew where we were and I squealed and jumped in Max's arms as he laughed.

"You brought me to Greece?!" I squeal as I wrap my arms tightly around his neck and his go around my waist.

"Yes baby. I told you that you would love it." He replies and I smile big and pepper kisses on his neck before pulling away and bringing him in for a long passionate kiss.

"I love you so much." I whisper as we pull away and he smiles and caresses my cheek.

"I love you too baby. Now let's go honeymoon it up." He says kissing my forehead and I giggle and pull away as we go to the car that will bring us to where we will be staying.

We spent ten days at a beautiful private resort and we spent our days swimming, in bed, exploring or eating. It was the most amazing honeymoon ever and although I missed my kids miserably, I wish we could stay forever.

Max and I actually didn't end up posting about us getting married until a month later, even though that it did go around in the tabloids that we secretly got married. We then both spammed our accounts with honeymoon pictures, but then we took a significant break from social media once the trial started for Victoria and Rafael.

It was grueling to see them again and hear them talk and try and act like the victim when they hurt my daughter. It was very emotional and hard to see the pictures of Zara's bruises get pulled up on the screen because I so badly wanted to erase it all from my memory. About four days into the trial, I ended up waking up from a really bad nightmare. I shot up in bed quickly, breathing heavily and throwing the covers off of me and rushing out of the room and down to Zara's. I open up her door and go to her bed and I see her still peacefully sleeping as she clutches on to her pink blanket.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I hear Max, so I turn around still breathing heavily to see Max standing at the threshold of her door wearing nothing but his boxers.

"I-I, Zara she.." I start but I shake my head as I place my hand over my chest as tears start to rapidly fall down my cheeks.

"Baby, she's okay. She's sleeping." He says walking over to me, but I barely notice as he places his hands on my waist and brings me into his chest. "Calm down. She's okay." He says rubbing my back as he kisses the top of my head repeatedly.

"She was dead. They killed her." I cry out in his chest after several minutes and I feel Max slightly tense up before he starts walking us out of her room and in the hall.

"Baby, she's okay. She's alive and safe." He says pulling my head away from his chest as he wipes my tears away. "She's just fine." He says and I nod as I try to calm down.

"They took her again and then we found her dead on an old mattress, naked and bruised and bleeding." I say hiccuping in between every few words.

"Come here baby." He says bringing me back in his arms as he holds onto me tightly. After several minutes I finally calm down as I sniffle every few minutes. "Zara is perfectly okay, and Rafael and Victoria will be put away for a long time." Max eventually says.

"But what if they don't?" I ask pulling away. "It's up to a trial of complete strangers what happens to them. What if they let them go and they come back for her?" I ask him with tears threatening to start falling again.