14

Demi's POV

The next couple of weeks were pretty hectic due to the constant flow of lawyers and detectives that were in and out of our house. Both Victoria and Rafael were arrested and flown back to Los Angeles the day after we arrived back in LA and they are both in jail right now. There is going to be a trial for the both of them, but our lawyers have assured us that they will not get out and will be sentenced for a long time. We haven't gotten word on when the trial will actually start though, but they will be keeping us updated.

Zara is doing a lot better and is almost back to her normal self. The first couple of days were rough though, because if she didn't see you walking up to her and you touched her, she would jump or flinch and it broke my heart every time. Her bruises are pretty much all gone by now and she just has a couple left on her back which makes me feel better because those bruises shouldn't of even been there in the first place. Max and I have yet to go and do anything for work and we took a lot of time off to just be with our kids. Max actually hasn't even had any contact with Lizzie or the rest of that team since everything happened, but he has talked to Scooter and he said he's going to help Max get out of the contract then sign him to be on our team and Max started getting excited which made me really happy. Only a few days after everything happened though, it got out in the media about everything that happened and even several videos of Max going on the plane to get Zara surfaced and I made the mistake of watching it one night after we put the kids to sleep. I ended up bawling my eyes out after the video and Max walked out of the shower and rushed over to me when he saw me crying.

"What's wrong baby? What happened?" He asks holding my face in his hands as he tries to wipe my tears away. I'm not able to say anything, so I just hold out my phone for him and he takes it and watches the video himself. He, however doesn't even finish watching the video before he locks my phone and takes a long breath before closing his eyes then wrapping his arms around me. "You shouldn't have watched that." He says rubbing my back up and down as I cry in his chest neither of us even caring that he's still wet from the shower and he only has a towel wrapped around his waist.

"She was so scared." I let out after a few minutes as I let out another sob.

"She's okay now though baby. She's okay." Max tries to reassure me as he continues to rub my back and kiss the top of my head.

"But it shouldn't of happened in the first place. I hate what they did to her. I hate it so much. I hate them." I say pulling away from his chest as I sniffle.

"I agree with you one hundred percent baby." He says wiping away my tears as I attempt to calm down and stop crying, which I eventually do after several minutes. "Promise me you won't look at anything else like that online.  Promise me baby, okay?" He says pushing some hair behind my ear and I nod. "Okay, now why don't we watch a movie and cuddle?" He asks me and I nod, definitely not opposed to being wrapped in his arms.

"Okay." I say and he smiles and leans in to kiss me softly.

"I love you." He says when he pulls away and I let out a small smile.

"I love you too." I reply leaning in to capture his lips again causing us both to smile in the kiss. 

It's now a week before Christmas and due to all the crazy shit that's happened, we haven't even had the chance to decorate our house or by a tree so that's what we dedicated this whole weekend to. I woke up Saturday morning at around seven am which is really early for me since I am not a morning person at all and my son definitely inherited that from me. I look up to see Max still peacefully sleeping as he keeps one arm wrapped around my waist while his other is behind his head. I smile and run my fingers over his chest as I cuddle back into his neck since it's pretty cold in the house this morning.