10

Demi's POV

As I was sitting on the couch crying as I think about what I saw today, there was a knock at my door so I stand up and wipe away my tears as best I can before walking to the door. I figured it was just my security guard so I open the door, but when I see Max standing there I freeze for a second then go to close the door but he stops the door with his hand.

"Baby please listen to me." He says pushing the door open and stepping in my room.

"Don't call me that." I whisper out and I see him look at me before shaking his head.

"What you saw Demi it-" He starts but I cut him off.

"Don't you dare say it wasn't what it looked like. I know what I fucking saw Max. And what I saw was some whore in your room as you guys were both half naked. So get the hell out of my room because I do not want to talk about this right now." I say walking past him but he grabs my hand causing me to turn around.

"But it wasn't what it looked like Demi. I mean that. I know what you saw and I know it looked bad, but I promise you Demi. I wouldn't do that to you." He says and I pull my hand away and roll my eyes.

"Get out." I say not wanting to talk anymore.

"No. I'm not leaving until we're good again. Demi please." He says and I look in his eyes to see tears of his own threatening to fall. I shake my head as I let a few tears slip.

"Why the hell did you have some blonde hoe in your room wearing nothing but some cheap slutty lingerie?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest. "And why the fuck did you not have a shirt on and please also tell me why you were holding her hand?" I continue as more tears fall as I imagine what I saw again.

"I don't know." He answers looking down and I look at him like he's crazy.

"You don't know?" I ask with a not so humorous chuckle.

"I don't know Demi. Nothing happened though." He says and I shake my head and look down at my ring on my finger.

"But something would have happened if I didn't decide to come all the way to Australia to surprise you." I say shaking my head with tears in my eyes as I twist off my ring and toss it over to him as it hits his chest and falls to the ground.

"Demi-" He says looking down at the ring then up to me with tears now falling down his cheeks. "Nothing was going to happen." He says and I shake my head and turn the other way.

"I don't believe you. Now get out." I say wiping my tears away.

"Demi please." He says and I shake my head and turn back over to him to see him now holding my ring in his hand.

"Get out." I repeat my self but he shakes his head.

"No I'm not leaving. You have to believe me Demi. I swear to you I have no idea why she was in my room, I don't even know her." He says walking closer to me but I take a few steps back and shake my head.

"Stop. Get out. I mean it Max. Get the hell out of my room. You can see the kids tomorrow, but after that we're leaving and going back to LA." I say shaking my head and turning around to walk to the room where the kids are sleeping. I open the door then close the door when I make it in and then lock it so Max can't get in. I lay down in the bed next to the kids as I let more tears stream down my face. I try to be quiet so I don't wake the kids and eventually I do stop crying after almost forever and don't wake up again until the sun in rising and Zara is calling me.

"Mama." She says as she sits up next to me and I smile.

"Hi baby girl." I say bringing her in my arms as she lays on my chest. I look over to see Ezra still fast asleep next to me so I just bask in this moment cuddling with my daughter as I try to forget about what happened last night. I then look down to my left hand and see that my ring is gone and I get emotional all over again, but I try to hold it in so I don't alarm Zara. I then hear her stomach grumble and I chuckle followed by her loud giggle.