21

Demi's POV

Max and I just put the kids down for a nap and just as I walk out of Ezra's room, Max walks out of Zara's. Just looking at him makes tears fill my eyes as I remember all the horrible things I've been doing these past few days.

"Come here baby." He says and I walk up to him and immediately wrap my arms around him as I lay my head on his chest.

"I'm so sorry." I cry out as he rubs my back.

"It's okay. You were upset baby." He says but I shake my head.

"But that doesn't excuse how I was acting." I say.

"Come on, lets go sit down and talk." He says kissing the top of my head and I nod and pull away from him as we walk to our room. We sit down on the bed and I look down at my hands as Max rubs my back.

"I know this is hard for you. I know losing the baby was hard. I'm not upset or mad at you." Max says and I look up to see him looking at me.

"You should be." I say and he shakes his head.

"Why?" He asks and I sigh and look back down.

"I acted like this wasn't affecting you at all, I forgot that I'm already a mom to two beautiful kids, I pushed you away, and I told you to cancel our wedding." I say tears streaming down my face. "But this is affecting you. I know you're upset." I say looking up at him.

"It was upsetting to lose our baby when just hours before we were talking about how excited we were. I am sad that we lost our baby, but now that I know what you heard the doctor say, I can understand why you took it harder. Do I wish you told me? Yes. Because I would have liked to of been there for you. To hold you, to wipe your tears away and assure you that either way it still wasn't your fault." He says but I shake my head. "No Demi, it was not your fault. Could it have been because of the abortion? Sure. But you didn't want that abortion in the first place and you were forced into it. So, it is not your fault." He says before I can say anything.

"But if I had fought harder against them, I wouldn't have gotten that abortion and we wouldn't be having problems now with pregnancies." I say looking up at him.

"If you had fought harder then you would have a six-year-old son or daughter right now and Wilmer would still be in your life. You probably would still be with him right now also and he would continue being abusive to you. Whether that was mentally or physically. Even if you didn't want that abortion to happen, I'm glad it did for so many reasons. You met me and we have two beautiful babies together. We're getting married. You are under a much better management right now. You are in such an amazing place in your life right now, that you might not of been in if you didn't get that abortion. I know it may sound bad for me to say that, but it's the truth and deep down you know that. The only thing that you would have right now that would make you remotely happy would be your son or daughter. I fully believe everything happens for a reason, and now you're in such an amazing place in your life." He says and I know he's right. If I hadn't gotten that abortion and fought harder, than sure I would have a son or daughter, but I wouldn't have the two beautiful babies I know and I wouldn't have Max in my life. I would probably still be with Wilmer and I most likely still would have been under Phil's management.

"You're right." I say looking up at him. "I just feel guilty that me getting that abortion is causing me so many problems now." I say and he nods.

"Don't feel guilty baby. When we do want to have another baby, then we will go in and talk to a specialist and see if that abortion is actually what is affecting you. It may not be though, okay? It could easily just have happened because our baby wasn't growing the way they were supposed to. Your placenta rupturing, I still fully believe is what Tony did to you on top of a bunch of stress." He says and I nod.